You’ve heard it all before: oatmeal is a super-powered breakfast because it’s versatile, full of fiber, easy to prepare, and ultra-healthy. Oatmeal seems to have made a comeback as a breakfast staple, but with so much information and so many different preparation methods out there, how do you know which way is the right way? Overnight? Steel-cut? Stovetop? Gluten free? Rolled? When and why did a bowl of simple oats become so tricky?
This recipe is great because it is quick and healthy without sacrificing either flavor or taste. Once you try this oatmeal you’ll have to stop yourself from making it for every meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes 15 seconds
Total Time: 7 minutes 15 seconds
½ cup quick oats
½ cup vanilla almond milk
½ cup water
½ tablespoon vanilla protein powder
½ tablespoon chia seeds
1 handful raspberries
1 handful almonds
1. Mix quick oats, vanilla almond milk, and water in a (big) microwavable bowl.
2. Place it in the microwave for two minutes and fifteen seconds.
3. While the oatmeal is in the microwave, begin preparing the add-ins. Slice the banana and rinse the berries.
4. Once the oatmeal is done let it sit for a minute to thicken up. Then mix in vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, and cinnamon.
5. Finally, add in fruit and nuts of your choice.
For other easy oatmeal recipes, check out these articles: