Frozen puff pastry is the easiest ingredient for making fancy food without putting in too much effort. I try to have it on hand whenever I want to whip up something rich, irresistible, and pleasing to the eye. These easy puff pastry recipes are perfect for when you want to impress someone or just need a quick dish to bring to a potluck. Here are 16 easy puff pastry recipes (both sweet and savory) that look fancy, but won't keep you in the kitchen for the whole day. 

Sweet

1. Simple Cherry Pastry Pies

I've been following the blog Sally's Baking Addiction for a long time, and everything I have made has turned out well. This recipe isn't any different. What's great about Sally's pastry pies is that the filling can be made ahead of time, which makes it easier for day-of baking. You can also store these beauties in the freezer, which makes life much easier when you get a pie craving. 

2. 2-Ingredient Palmiers  

cinnamon
Sydney Tenholder

All you need are two ingredients and half an hour to make these delicious treats. The filling of a Palmier is completely customizable. You can fill them up with jam, cinnamon sugar, Nutella, peanut butter, and much more. 

3. Apple Pie Dumplings 

sweet, pastry, dairy product, bread, cake, dough
Laura Bailey

These apple pie dumplings are single-serve apple pies. The recipe in total makes it for eight people, but you could easily just make it for two. Wrapping puff pastry around a filled apple is the simplest way to get your apple pie fix. 

4. Puff Pastry Donuts 

Why wait in line for a Cronut when you can just make one yourself? You only need six simple ingredients to make these "super fancy" donuts. 

5. Waffled Puff Pastry   

pie, pastry
Jaye Lind

All you need is puff pastry, a filling of your choice, and a waffle iron to make this simple dessert. You might even be able to sneak into the dining hall and make this. 

6. Blueberry and Cream Hand Pies

These blueberry hand pies are an easy puff pastry recipe that's perfect for the springtime. These treats take only an hour to make and are perfect for parties. They can even be frozen and thrown in the toaster for breakfast the next day.  

7. Elegant Apple Tart 

pastry, cake, sweet, cream, pie, cinnamon, dough, chocolate
Lucy Rubin

This apple tart is great for serving larger groups of friends. All you need to do is place the apple topping on a sheet of puff pastry and bake. You'll still look like the fanciest chef in the group, don't worry.

8. Cinnamon Rolls 

You can easily make cinnamon rolls without waking up hours before your roommate. The secret is none other than puff pastry. 

Savory  

9. Veg Pizza Puffs 

These veg pizza puffs are like the adult version of Totino's Pizza Rolls. They're completely customizable. All you need is puff pastry, tomato sauce, and any cheese or veggies that you want. 

10. Parmesan Croissants  

pastry, dough, croissant, puff, bread, sweet, crescent roll, butter, meat
Jedd Marrero

This recipe uses only three ingredients but looks like a Michelin Star dish. Ditch the pre-made croissant dough and use puff pastry instead to make a more authentic-tasting croissant. 

11. Baked Puff Pastry-Wrapped Baked Brie  

meat, vegetable
Alexandra Redmond

There are few things fancier than baked Brie. You can make a flavorful and filling appetizer with just eight basic ingredients and a smidge of time with this recipe. 

12. Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels

These pinwheels are perfect for your next party. No one would be able to turn down something that looks and tastes like your favorite pub fix. Just be sure to have napkins around because these are cheesy AF. 

13. Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Melt

What could be better than gooey cheese, warm ham, and a flaky crust? Absolutely nothing. These bad boys only require four ingredients and 20 minutes of your time.

14. Puff Pastry-Wrapped Asparagus  

seafood, fish, sushi, vegetable, meat, rice
Parisa Soraya

Spring is asparagus season, so this is the perfect time to make some puff pastry-wrapped asparagus The puff pastry adds a soft yet crunchy texture to shed light on the seasonal produce. 

15. Easy Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Tart

pastry, sweet
Alex Vu

Spring is also the season for mushrooms and onions. This tart is the perfect combination of earthy mushrooms, gooey cheese, and of course a buttery, flaky crust. 

16. Ham, Egg, and Cheese Brunch Cups 

These brunch cups are perfect for brunch (ofc) or breakfast for dinner. All you need to do is fill muffin tins with puff pastry and your fillings of choice and let the oven do the rest of the work. And don't forget to pair them with bottomless mimosas. 

Cooking can be intimidating, but thankfully frozen puff pastry can save you time, effort, and stress. Only you will know that your cooking looks fancier than it really is.