Thick-cut French fries and pretzel bagels with peanut butter are nothing to complain about. Tim Hortons is a Canadian staple, that is almost as popular as Starbucks. But what separates Tim Hortons from the competition is its cheap food menu. 

With access to three different Tim Hortons locations on Queen's campus, it can be a quick and easy stop between classes. What some people don't realize is that on top of Bagel B.E.L.Ts and Double Doubles, Tim Hortons also has vegan food.

I have to admit, it isn't the best place for vegan eats in terms of variety, but it tastes good and can seriously come in handy. Here's your sneak peak into the Tim Hortons vegan menu.

1. Savoury Potato Wedges

My favorite vegan option at Timmies is the fried and crispy potato wedges, AKA thick-cut french fries. Though this list isn't in ranked order, I want to make sure you know that these are absolutely dreamy.

#SpoonTip: These wedges may share a frier with non-vegan options. 

2. Hash Browns

Within the potato family, it has the petite, yet satisfying hash brown. It's a great side dish to any meal, but just as good on its own.

3. Bagels

sweet, jam, bread, pastry, cake, cream
Holly Lipka

Many of Tim Hortons' bagels are vegan, including plain, 12 grain, everything, cinnamon raisin, blueberry, and pretzel. Ask for a bagel toasted with peanut butter and/or jam and you're good to go. My favorite is a cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter.

#SpoonTip: Not all of Tim Hortons bagels are vegan. Check out their allergen guide before ordering to confirm that your favorite bagel is vegan. 

4. Harvest Vegetable Soup

Loaded with veggies, beans, and potatoes, this soup is a really satisfying choice. It also comes with a whole wheat bread roll on the side—perfect for dipping.

5. Oatmeal

Tim Hortons might not make a vegan breakfast sandwich (yet), but oatmeal is certainly a healthy and filling option. Both the maple and mixed berry flavours are vegan.

6. Garden Veggie Sandwich (No Cream Cheese)

It isn't the most exciting sandwich since it's just bread and veggies, but it works when you're hungry and craving something savoury. Adding mustard, balsamic dressing, or red onion makes it more flavourful. I dare you to make a hash brown salad, you won't regret it. 

7. Garden Salad

An obvious option, yet surprisingly fresh. 

8. Bread

Mmm... fresh rolls

jeffreyw on Flickr

Just like the bagels, Tim Hortons is serving up a multitude of different vegan bread options: white, whole wheat, English muffin, and the homestyle biscuit. Ask for peanut butter or jam on the side.

As you can tell, there are quite a few vegan food options at Tim Hortons (and probably even more that I don't know about). When it comes to coffee, however, the franchise still hasn't fully jumped on the non-dairy milk bandwagon.

Hopefully with more demand, Tim Hortons will step up its game so that all of its vegan and lactose intolerant customers will be able to drink the beloved Iced Capp again. For now, we'll stick to frozen lemonade.