The city of Nashville is constantly growing with new restaurants constantly opening up. With so many different places, a first-time visitor can get easily overwhelmed when trying to decide where to eat.

Here are 15 of my favorite places in Nashville.

1. Three Brothers Coffee

rclesko

on VSCO

This coffee shop is quite the adventure. It was founded by the owners of Cumberland Transit, an outdoor adventure store. Whether you're looking for a place to study, catch up with friends, or a quick stop for some caffeine, Three Brothers Coffee is a place for everyone.

Location: 2813 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203

Spoon recommendation: Try their signature drink- Firewater: "a sweet and floral latte made with orange blossom and Indian rose candy"

2. Urban Grub

An upscale restaurant on 12 South with great food and atmosphere. From oysters to steak to pasta, there is something for everyone.

Location: 2506 12th Ave S Nashville, TN 37203 

Spoon Recommendation: Club Carbonara: "smoked chicken, applewood bacon, tomatoes, sweet onion, and baby spinach on homemade rigatoni with a light cream sauce."

3. ACME Feed and Seed

With three different floors, offering three totally different experiences, you will never have "Deja Vu" at ACME Feed and Seed. The first floor has open tables and a stage for live music, the second floor serves sushi, and the third is the rooftop bar.

Location: 101 Broadway Nashville, TN 37201

Spoon Recommendation: 1st Floor- Beautina Hash: "two sunny-side-up eggs over slow-cooked brisket, potatoes & caramelized onions

4. Frothy Monkey

A coffee shop unlike any other, the Frothy Monkey opened its doors in 2004 on 12 South in Nashville and is now spreading throughout Tennessee. Come for a cup of morning joe and stay for dinner. The Frothy Monkey offers quite the menu ranging from breakfast and coffee to dinner and late night snacks. Oh, and it even serves wine and beer! 

Location: (7 locations) the original: 2509 12th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37204

Spoon Recommendation: Monkey Mocha: "espresso, steamed milk, house-made chocolate, frothy monkey banana syrup"

5. Five Daughters Bakery

rclesko

on VSCO

Home of the 100 layer donut, Five Daughters Bakery has set the standards for a good donut pretty high. "No chemical preservatives. No GMO. No hydrogenated oils. No soy. No artificial colors or flavors. Our treats are made daily from scratch, sourcing locally and fresh, from our family to yours." They offer a vegan and a paleo donut as well!

Location: (3 Locations) 1110 Caruthers Ave, Nashville, TN 37204

Spoon Recommendation: King Kong- "a maple/ bacon donut"

6. The Grilled Cheeserie 

Comfort food taken to the next level: the Grilled Cheeserie offers a spin on the classic grilled cheese and tomato soup. But, that is not the only thing they have recreated, just try some of their cheesy tots or any one of their shakes from the Milkshake Bar.

Location: (food truck and storefront), storefront: 2003 Belcourt Ave, Nashville, TN 37212

Spoon Recommendation: Spinach & Artichoke Melt- "swiss, marinated artichokes + housemade organic spinach dip with Parmesano Reggiano, white wine, garlic and leeks on rosemary garlic bread" 

7. The Loveless Cafe

If you want to have some of the best southern homestyle staples, then you must  go to Loveless Cafe located just outside the busy city center. If you come when they open (7am) you won't have a long wait, but at their peak hours, customers can have to wait up to two hours (or longer), so make sure you arrive early.

Location: 8400 HWY 100 Nashville, TN 37221

Spoon Recommendation: Pit-Cooked Pork Barbeque and Two Eggs and a side order of Biscuits and Gravy

8. Biscuit Love

Here is another place where you will have to come early or be prepared to stand in a line that goes all the way down the street. Biscuit Love started as a food truck and now has three storefront locations. Everything from breakfast to lunch is completely made from scratch. Be prepared to visit biscuit heaven.

Location: (3 locations) Gulch: 316 11th Ave South Nashville, TN 37203 

Spoon Recommendation: East Nasty- "a biscuit with fried boneless chicken thigh, and aged cheddar"

9. Five Points Pizza

Authentic New York style thin crust pizza. Once you take a bite, you will be hooked. It's so good, people have gotten their logo tattooed on themselves.

Location: 1012 Woodland St. Nashville, TN 37206

Spoon Recommendation: A slice of the Prosciutto & Basil pie and a side of Garlic Knots

10. Hattie B's Hot Chicken

You can't go to Nashville and not try some hot chicken. Hattie B's Hot Chicken is by far the best in Tennessee. If you are not one for heat, fear not, you can customize your heat level from southern style (no heat just fried) to "Shut the cluck up- burn notice."

Location: (3 locations): 112 19th Ave S Nashville, TN 37203

Spoon Recommendation: Get the Banana Pudding for dessert!

11. The Pharmacy

A burger parlor and beer garden that makes their own wurst (sausage) in store and specializes in curing anyone's blues. Their atmosphere is uplifting, and their food equally satisfying. It's no wonder why the outdoor garden patio is always packed.

Location: 731 Mcferrin Ave Nashville, TN 37206

Spoon Recommendation: the house made root beer soda and the Farm Burger with sweet potato fries

12. Nashville Farmer's Market

This isn't a normal farmer's market: one part fresh produce market, one part flea market vendors, and one part food vendors, makes this year round farmer's market unlike any other. From soft served ice cream made using a John Deere tractor engine to fresh peaches or craft beers and numerous food trucks, you won't leave hungry.

Location: 900 Rosa L. Parks Blvd. Nashville, TN 37208 

Spoon Recommendation:: Try the fresh mini donuts with cinnamon sugar

13.  The Flipside

rclesko

on VSCO

A fun, retro atmosphere with some killer chicken and tater tots. They pound the chicken breast thin and top it with some crazy combinations which make it a meal to remember. 

Location: 2403 12th Ave South Nashville, Tennessee, 37204

Spoon Recommendation: Jack's Best Chicken: Mac Daddy: "chicken breast pounded thin, seasoned bread crumbs, pan sauteed in extra virgin olive oil, topped with mac and cheese and chili"

14. The Soda Parlor

Yummy "moon shakes", floats, waffle "mondaes", and an old school arcade- what more do you need? Enjoy a refreshing treat, and channel your inner child with some old school arcade games, or test your trivia knowledge during a trivia night.

Location: 966 Woodland Street Nashville, TN

Spoon Recommendation: The Boy Scout Waffle Mondae and The Boy Scout Moon Shake 

15. Moto Nashville

One of the best Italian restaurants in Nashville, get ready to splurge. A creative and fresh new twist on classic Italian meals, paired with an award-winning wine list makes this a place you must visit at least once in your life. 

Location: 1120 McGavock Street, Nashville, TN 37203

Spoon Recommendation: Black Spaghetti: "with lobster and calabrian chilies"

Honorable Mentions:

Pinewood Social: An iconic Nashville classic 

Pancake Pantry: Known to have "Nashville's best pancakes"

Proper Bagel: New York Style Bagels with a southern twist

Mas Tacos: Authentic Mexican tacos in Nashville

Franklin Juice Company: the best acacia bowls in Nashville