Contrary to popular belief, Canadians aren't the only ones who are crazy about their maple syrup. It turns out maple syrup can be used for far more than just topping your favorite breakfast. There's much more to maple syrup than pancakes and waffles, but unlike maple syrup, how you use this sugary favorite can reveal a lot about you

Whether you dunk, drizzle, or drink it, how you use your maple syrup says a lot about you. Are you an organized book worm, a health nut, or the life of the party? I guess we'll find out.

Dip Your Pancakes

cake, honey, strawberry, pancake, maple syrup, sweet, syrup
Avery Allen

If you keep your syrup on the side and go with the dipping method, you definitely play it safe. You must be a rule follower and probably had a near perfect attendance record in high school. You're the kind of organized that the rest of us can only dream of being, but don't worry, we know you still like to dabble with the sweet stuff too.

Douse Your Entire Breakfast

pancake, honey, butter, sweet, cream, egg, syrup
Christin Urso

Drowning your plate in syrup is definitely a bold move, but still within the boundaries of breakfast expectations. If this is how you roll, then you probably like to walk on the wild side, but not long enough to land in any serious trouble. You might go out every night of the week, but you still make it to class in the morning (even if you're hungover).

The heavy-handed syrup pourers are the kids who wing their presentations, go into an exam cold, and are the best at rolling with the punches.

In Your Coffee

cappuccino, milk, espresso, tea, coffee
Jamie Medina

Those of you who put syrup in your coffee have one motto, "Ain't nobody got time for that." In this case, "that" is a well balanced breakfast. For you, mornings consist of a little sugar, a lot of caffeine, and you're out the door. Caffeinating your way through your classes and the meetings for clubs you're the president of is the only way to make it to the weekend.

If you use maple syrup to sweeten your coffee, you are the type of go-getter we all wish we were.

In Salad Dressing

salad, spinach, balsamic
Maria Glander

Maple syrup in salad dressing? You are most definitely the health nut of whatever circle you hang out in. Your wardrobe consists mostly of leggings, sports bras, and an endless collection of sneakers. Maybe you wouldn't even admit that there is syrup in your dressing because it would ruin your rep, but even fitness buffs have a sweet tooth.

In Your Burgers

bacon, cheese, cheddar, beef, bun, onion
Caroline Ingalls

Maple burgers are a tell-tale sign of someone who loves corny jokes and visors. If this is how you like to eat your maple syrup, you are probably the dad of your friend group. Every group needs someone to watch out for them or crack a one-liner when times get tough—luckily for your friends, they have you!

At every tailgate, party or barbecue, everybody knows that you are the real MVP—even if you are over-protective of the remote control.

In Your Booze

syrup, maple syrup, beer, liquor, wine, whisky, alcohol
Christin Urso

If maple syrup cocktails are your thing, then there are only four words to describe you: life of the party. You're the first the arrive, the last to leave, and always bring a fire playlist. For you, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere and you're always looking for a good time. You're the lead actor in every Snapchat story and always sink the last cup in beer pong. The party doesn't start until you walk in.

In Peanut Butter & Maple Syrup Sandwiches

peanut, candy, cake, dairy product, butter, cream, milk, sweet, chocolate, peanut butter

Throwback to middle school. If you eat peanut butter and maple syrup sandwiches, you truly are a kid at heart. The sweet and salty combo is reminiscent of brown paper bags, forgetting your locker combination, and claiming the back seat of the school bus. You definitely don't sweat the small stuff and always have a smile on your face.

Peanut butter and maple syrup sandwich eaters are the best friends to have because they've been with you through all the awkward years. They're not going anywhere.

Shot Straight from the Bottle

wine, tea, honey, maple syrup, whisky, beer, liquor, alcohol
Kellyn Simpkins

Do I even have to say it? If you rip shots of straight maple syrup, you are a savage that even Buddy the Elf would not mess with. You are reckless and probably leave your friends with their jaws on the ground on a regular basis. Those of you who guzzle syrup are the kind of people who always walk tall and don't care what anyone thinks of them.

Maybe the rest of us should take a page out of their book.

Whether you play it safe or guzzle straight from the bottle, adding some maple syrup to any meal seems to be a go-to move. You might be hesitant to stray from your maple syrup ways, but once in a while don't be afraid to try something new. You might even get to know yourself just a little bit better.