Let's be honest, sometimes breakfast can get a bit...neglected when you're a college student. Honestly, I can never find the time to eat breakfast, since I try to capitalize on my sleep instead. My attitude changed, however, when Clif Bar & Company sent me a box with a ton of amazing different products to try. I ate Clif Bar & Company products for breakfast for 3 weeks straight, and it was exactly what I needed.

Clif Bar & Company Overview

Clif Bar & Company started in 1990, when Gary Erickson, exhausted after a bike ride, decided that there needed to be a better tasting energy bar on the market. He began creating bars in his kitchen, and once he found the perfect recipe, named the bars after his father, Clifford. His idea grew into what we know today as Clif Bar & Company. 

Not only does this company produce the iconic Clif Bars, but they also sell Luna Bars, Clif Kid Zbars, Nut Butter Filled Clif Bars, and so much more. Their food philosophy includes being organic and sustainable, using recipes that are inspired by families, and creating bars with a purpose. Knowing the company's goals and aspirations really made this product stand out to me.

Clif Bars

cake, coffee, chocolate
Alicia Wala

The most common image in everyone's mind when mentioning Clif Bar & Company is the Clif Bar, which just so happens to be the first bar the company ever made. The packaging and shape of the product can be recognized anywhere--it's iconic.

I started having these bars for breakfast, and they changed my life. They are super portable, so I ate half of a Clif Bar on the way to my first class, and then finished the other half during my second class. This strategy was perfect to hold me over just long enough so I was not hungry during class, but I was also ready to eat lunch when class ended.

My favorite Clif Bar flavors are Sierra Trail Mix, Coconut Chocolate Chip, and White Chocolate Macadamia Nut. These bars are extremely filling, and that's why I split up my bar into two separate portions. There's so many different flavors that you'll definitely find a favorite.

Luna Bars

wheat, cracker
Alicia Wala

I used to be a runner in high school, so trust me when I say I lived off of Luna Bars for four years straight. Luna Bars are advertised for women because they contain all the commonly overlooked nutrients a woman's body needs. They are also completely safe for men to eat, so don't worry about that. 

Luna Bars are, hands down, my favorite Clif Bar & Company product. Available in flavors such as S'mores, Blueberry Bliss, and Chocolate Dipped Coconut, it's hard to believe something so delicious is actually providing my body with nutrients it needs. They're the perfect sweet treat for breakfast and leave me energized and full without feeling overstuffed.

These bars are not as filling as regular Clif Bars. They are about the same shape and size as a normal granola bar, but I find they are more filling anyway. I am obsessed with Luna Bars, and anyone who has not tried one yet needs to get their hands on one immediately.

Nut Butter Filled

gingerbread, beer
Alicia Wala

If the basic Clif Bar just doesn't cut it for you, these Nut Butter Filled Clif Bars should do the trick. Nut butter is an easy way to add great flavor and interesting texture to a recipe, and that's exactly what Clif Bar & Company has achieved. 

These bars look exactly like the basic Clif Bar, but smaller. They're not really shaped like a typical rectangular granola bar, since the edges are more rounded. Nut Butter Filled Clif Bars, in my experience, were as close to a perfect breakfast item as you can get. They're not too big, the silky texture of the nut butter in the middle is a nice departure from a basic Clif Bar, and they're not messy in the slightest.

So far, there are only four flavors available: Coconut Almond Butter, Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Peanut Butter. My favorite was Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, because it wasn't too sugary but still had a lovely sweet flavor that perked me up in the morning. Try all four flavors so you don't miss out on a delicious experience!

If, like me, you're all about nut butter, you definitely need to check out this article about Justin's to see how else you can add more nut butters into your life.

Closing Thoughts

Eating Clif Bar & Company products for breakfast solved all of my issues with breakfast. Their bars are portable, don't leave me too full for lunch, and give me lots of energy for my busy schedule without taking time away from it. 

You definitely need to check out Clif Bar's and Luna Bar's Instagram accounts to get some incredible pictures of adventures or super empowering images about women. This company's goals and natural products really raise their bars to a whole new level. Everyone needs to have Clif Bar & Company's snacks in their life--you won't regret a thing.