With the Fourth of July just around the corner, it only makes sense for a foodie to celebrate with the most American, patriotic foods at your get-together. Some are summer classics, some are just good old American classics but either way, they are all delicious. 

Hot Dog

Summer, BBQ, outdoors, Aesthetic, mustard, hot dog, sausage, bun
Sam Jesner

Welcome to the fourth of July with a cookout favorite: a hot dog. Put it up on the grill and top with whatever your heart desires. There are so many ways to make it your own. Slather on some ketchup or mustard, chilli, or make a classic Chicago dog if you are up for some flair and fun. Whatever you decide, the fourth would not be the same without a hot dog. 

Hamburger

bun, bread, sandwich, cheese, lettuce, cheddar, ketchup, hamburger, hamburger bun
Alex Frank

Just as much of a crowd pleaser as a hot dog, a hamburger is also a great cookout meal. With as many or more ways to spice it up, it wouldn't be a normal cookout without them. Hamburger or cheeseburger. The choice is yours. 

Corn

corn, pasture, cereal, vegetable, straw, maize, hazelnut
Jenny Georgieva

Corn on the cob is one of those American staples that you just can't deny. As an original crop in this country, you can't get any more American if you tried. It's delicious grilled and would make a great addition to any barbeque for the fourth!

Lemonade

juice, sweet, lemon, mint, lemonade, citrus, cream

What is more refreshing than a tall glass of lemonade on a hot summer day? Nothing. If lemonade isn't the drink of summer, I don't know what is. On your 4th make sure to cool down with a tall glass of the tangy sweet must have. 

Beer

beer, alcohol, liquor, wine
Melissa Miller

For all of you above age, there isn't a drink that can get more American than cracking open a cold beer to cool off on a hot summer day. It's a sure drink to be chilling in your cooler of ice during a fourth of July BBQ, but just drink responsibly.

Watermelon

watermelon, melon, sweet, juice

Watermelon is the most refreshing summer fruit you can imagine. When you think of summer, you think of watermelon. There is nothing like cooling off to a big juicy slice of the summer favorite, especially on the Fourth of July. 

Apple Pie

apple pie, pie

Is there a dessert more American than apple pie? What about with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. End the meal with a warm slice of the traditional homemade sweet treat. There isn't anything more quintessential.