I love food trucks. Some of my favorite meals have been from food trucks. There's just something fun about eating from a small, curated menu that usually comes with the food trucks. In Baltimore, there are enough food trucks to feed you everyday for a year. 

Most of these trucks (or tents) can be found all around the city. During the summer at different events, festivals, and outdoor activities. For me, it's not a question of it I want to eat at a food truck but rather, which one? 

The summer heat usually leaves me wanting a light and fresh meal. Although crab filled fried cheesy goodness is always delicious, I thought I'd highlight some of my favorite "healthier" food trucks in the area. 

1. Wilde Thyme

Wilde Thyme is one of my favorite healthy spot in Baltimore, in general! Their menu consists of locally sourced ingredients including a lot of veggies–always a good thing. The menu has items such as grain bowls with a choice of chicken or falafel, lemon tahini potato salad, and even apple fritters!

2. Farm to Charm

The mission of Farm to Charm is to bring farm to table quality to a food truck. If you're looking for quality food in a pinch, track down Farm to Charm! Their rotating menu features fresh sandwiches, burgers, and tacos that you don't feel guilty about eating.

3. El Gringo Baltimore

For those of you who know me, know that I love tacos. I real deal might have a slight obsession with them. I'm not talking about tacos from Taco Bell but authentic, fresh tacos with bright flavors and minimal ingredients. El Gringo Baltimore has some of my favorite fish tacos with mahi mahi, grilled pineapple salsa, guac, and slaw–mmmm, yum!

4. The Green Bowl

The Green Bowl has Asian and Latin inspired bowls with, you guessed it, lots of greens. They offer traditional Korean bibimbap as well as "the Green Bowl" which swaps the rice for spinach and mixed greens. If Asian flavors aren't your thing, no worries because they also offer burrito bowls

5. Goganics

What I love about Goganics is that it strives to be "S.O.U.L" food– sustainable, organic, unprocessed, and local. The food is always fresh yet flavorful. Goganics menu ranges from wild caught shrimp wraps to veggies burgers to organic lemon pepper chicken wings.

6. Greek on the Street

After tacos, I think Greek food has to be my favorite. If you couldn't tell, I love fresh food. I'm looking for fresh, simple ingredients packed with flavor. Greek on the Street is a Baltimore favorite food truck, and for good reason. Their pitas, wraps, and salads are made with simple and fresh ingredients leaving you feeling satisfied but not heavy. If you want a little bit of a treat, make sure to order their fries loaded with feta, olive oil, parsley, and lemon juice.

7. Quinn's Ice

Nikki D'Ambrosio

Ok, I know, I know. Ice cream isn't technically healthy buuut the ice cream from Quinn's Ice won't give you a stomach ache because it is lactose free! For a little sweet treat, try one of their cookie ice cream sandwiches, or a sundae with cookie dough and all the toppings. You can't go wrong with Quinn's.

8. Bmore Alive

Nikki D'Ambrosio

Although not technically a food trick, I couldn't write this post without including Bmore Alive and their amazing falafel wraps. I was first introduced to this tent at Hampdenfest two years ago and freak out anytime I find them at a festival. Their wraps (can be made gluten free with a collard green wrap!) always include fresh falafel, tahini, and seasonal fruit and veggies. Fruit in a savory wrap sounds weird but trust me, it's delicious.

9. Dizzy Cow Pizzeria

Ok, again, pizza isn't technically healthy but Dizzy Cow Pizzeria uses high quality, local and sustainable ingredients so that makes it healthier, right? Plus, pizza is healthy for your mental state so it all events out. My favorite pie is called The Green Thumb with local seasonal veggies, how can you go wrong with that?

10. Ekiben

Nikki D'Ambrosio

I'm just going to say it, Ekiben is my favorite restaurant in Baltimore so even though it most definitely isn't a food truck...I am still going to include it. You can still find Ekiben serving up at local festivals and farmer's markets so if you can't make it to their Fells Point restaurant, no worries. I usually get either the Tofu Brah or The Original (thai coconut chicken meatballs) in a steamed bun sandwich but you can get it on top of rice for a lighter option. Everything is amazing at Ekiben, take my word for it. 

If you're wondering where to find all of these delicious eats, you can use this handy dandy tool from The Baltimore Sun. Also, some of my favorite events in Baltimore during the summer (with a ton of good food) include:

- Baltimore Farmer's Market & Bazaar

- WTMD's First Thursdays

- Artscape

- Hampdenfest