Red velvet is a flavor that is here to stay. Lately, you can find practically anything that is red velvet themed. Between pancakes, Kit-Kats, Oreos, and cinnamon rolls, we just can't seem to get enough of this timeless classic. However, even though these desserts may all taste delectable, they are still high in calories, sugar, and fat.

On my mission to find a healthy red velvet product, I came across the answer I had been searching for: a red velvet cake-flavored protein bar, made by health food company One

The Availability

These bars have been released and are available for purchase from their website. A box of these bad boys would make the perfect gift for your fitness obsessed special other, especially if their New Year's resolution is to be healthier.

But Eeen if you're not trying to eat healthier, these bars will totally make you forget that you're eating a snack that contains only 1 gram of sugar and a whopping 20 grams of protein. Besides their awesome macros, this treat is also certified gluten-free, which makes it a great on-the-go option for people struggling with Celiac Disease. 

The Taste

Julia Palace

Upon opening the package, I was immediately hit with a smell that reminded me exactly of deliciously sweet cream cheese frosting. The bar was coated in a white icing with a cute swirly design on it that was screaming to be photographed and posted on a foodstagram. 

When I bit into the bar, I was amazed at how much it tasted like true red velvet. The texture was soft and the coating provided a sweetness to the bar that wasn't overwhelming. The inside of the bar was the perfect red color, and had a subtle chocolaty flavor to it. There were also small crispy pearls scattered throughout which added a nice crunch.

Julia Palace

It's difficult to believe that this slice of heaven hovers only around 230 calories. The texture is incredible and the flavors all work in perfect harmony. These protein bars make for awesome snacks, post-workout grub, or low-key desserts.

Where To Buy Them

You can buy these limited edition One bars directly from their website. A box of 12 will set you back roughly $28. But remember, this flavor is limited edition, so you should order them ASAP.

If you don't purchase these protein bars in time, it's no biggie because One makes a plethora of other uniquely flavored products. Some of my favorites are Maple Glazed Donut, Salted Caramel, and Peanut Butter Pie bars. Go look for yourself and find your own favorites. No matter which One you choose, you will not be disappointed.