When it’s fall, the weather cools down, leaves start changing and of course, everyone goes back to school. One of the best parts of the season is college football. Whether you’re into the sport or not, the tailgating pregame cannot be missed since it involves lots and lots of food.

I decided to do some research and rounded up the best tailgating foods to see what college students really thought of them. Students filled out a survey ranking every food by "Don't Like It," "It's Ok," "I Like it a Lot," adnd "I LOVE IT." The more "I LOVE IT" and "I Like it a Lots" that a food received, the higher it was placed on this list

The people have spoken! Here are the top tailgate foods ranked by college students:

10. Chili

Stephanie Cozza

This hearty cool weather food can warm you up when you’re going to be outside for a few hours.

9. Ribs

ribs

luvsickmedia on Flickr

Ribs might equal sticky fingers, but are perfect to throw on the grill at a tailgate party.

8. Hot Dogs

Zoe Zaiss

Easy to grill these dogs while chilling in some lawn chairs.

7. Beer

Photo by Adam Wilson | Unsplash

fourcolourblack on unsplash

It isn’t much of a tailgate without some good old cerveza fría, if you’re over the legal age of course.

6. Macaroni and Cheese

Alex Weiner

The ultimate comfort food, mac and cheese is very necessary at a tailgate party.

5. Buffalo Chicken Wings

Sarah Strong

Game day and buffalo wings go hand in hand. Bring on the ranch dip and blue cheese dressing.

4. Nachos

Victoria Georgetti

Pile on the toppings on this tailgate favorite. Seriously, who doesn’t love cheesy nachos to get game ready?

3. Burgers

Photo by Niklas Rhöse | Unsplash

blitzer on unsplash

College students’ favorite tailgate main course seems to be the classic American burger. Do you want fries with that?

2. Mozzarella Sticks

Audrey Mirabito

Rounding out at number two, cheesy mozzarella sticks need to be in your tailgate recipe book.

1. Dip and chips

Parisa Soraya

In first place is dip, and by dip, I mean spinach and artichoke, queso, salsa, and everything you can scoop with a chip. Hopefully the food table has at least two kinds (maybe 200?) since we all need more dip in our lives.

As you can see, the number of tailgate foods are endless and everyone has their preference. Maybe this list gave you some ideas on what to make for your next tailgate party.