There's no better treat to beat in the summer than some ice cream. And there's no better place to get ice cream than Dairy Queen. DQ is the place to go if you want a ridiculously cheap $5 lunch, a chocolate-dipped cone to treat yourself, or, of course, a Blizzard, AKA the best fast food ice cream.

For the two people on the planet who don't know what a Blizzard is, it's soft-serve with mix-ins that's so thick and creamy that you can hold it upside down without the contents falling. With so many different flavors to choose from, how are you to decide the next time you're in line? Today, you're in luck. Here are the 11 best DQ blizzard flavors, ranked.

11. Frosted Fudge Brownie Blizzard

To begin the list is one of the July 2017 Blizzards of the Month: the Frosted Fudge Brownie Blizzard. It's packed with chocolate chunks, fudge, and fudgy brownies covered in chocolate icing. It's one of the newer items on the menu so I've only had it once, but it was super decadent and delicious. The only reason it's at the bottom of the list is because it's a limited edition Blizzard, so you won't be able to try it for at least another year.

10. M&M's Milk Chocolate Candies Blizzard

We all know that the best part of trail mix is the M&M's. However, in a Blizzard, there are much better toppings to indulge in. The first bite is great; you get that nice shell encasing the chocolate. The more time that passes, though, that shell hardens to the point where you can chip a tooth, and you can't appreciate the flavor anymore. Stick to these recipes if you're going to be integrating M&M's to your desserts to avoid breaking your teeth on them.

9. Turtle Pecan Cluster Blizzard

Turtle pecans are some of the best chocolates whenever you get a box of chocolates. It's a combination of milk chocolate, pecans, and caramel; what's there not to love? This Blizzard tastes like an elevated version of the candy because the crunch of the pecans gives a nice textural component to the otherwise smooth vanilla soft serve base.

8. Royal New York Cheesecake

DQ came out with Royal Blizzards, which are Blizzards with a filling in the middle. By far the best is the New York Cheesecake Blizzard. There are bites of cheesecake, which makes it great, but what really elevates this dessert is the fresh, tart strawberry center that screams summer.

7. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup

I'll just say it outright: Reese's are the best cheap chocolate and you can fight me on this, but I'll defend the chocolate and peanut butter cups with my all. Because of my affection for this candy, naturally it's got to be included on the list. I would've ranked it higher if there were more Reese's pieces or peanut butter swirls or something to really accentuate the flavor.

6. Heath Blizzard

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Heath Bars. If you put one in front of me, I'll eat it, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Dairy Queen has since changed my opinion of Heath Bars, because though I don't love them on their own, they make a fantastic topping for your frozen treats. Because it's made of toffee, the chocolate already has a nice crunch. When it's added in the Blizzard, it makes for a delightful bite with each spoonful.

5. Candy Cane Oreo Blizzard

I wish it were Christmas all the time, not only because the festivities are great, but because it'd make it acceptable to eat peppermint bark year-round. Chocolate and peppermint were meant to be together, because the rich chocolate and the fresh peppermint balance each other. Add Oreos and vanilla soft serve, and you've got the best seasonal Blizzard that'll make you long for December every day.

4. Oreo Blizzard

Speaking of Oreos, #4 on the list is the O.G. Oreo Blizzard, which is an amped-up version of McDonald's McFlurry. The ice cream is silkier, the Oreo pieces are more plentiful, and it's just an overall better-quality dessert than what McDonald's serves. As an added bonus, you won't have to worry about the machine breaking down

3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard

Cookie dough, in any shape or form, is one of the greatest inventions of mankind. It's delicious on its own, baked into brownies, and as a topping on ice cream. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard is packed with these morsels, which makes it #3 on this list of best DQ Blizzards. With every bite, you get a taste of delicious cookies that'll make you feel like you're in grandma's kitchen.

2. S'mores Blizzard

As Spongebob once eloquently said, "Let's gather 'round the campfire and sing our campfire song," and this S'mores Blizzard definitely makes you feel like you're out in the wilderness, roasting marshmallows on a campfire. It's loaded with graham crackers, chocolate bars, and ooey-gooey marshmallows. I'm saddened that it was only available for the month of July, but will commemorate it buy consuming an exorbitant amount of other s'mores goodies to fill the void.

1. Salted Caramel Truffle Blizzard

To top of the list of the best DQ Blizzards, I present to you the Salted Caramel Truffle Blizzard. It was the Blizzard of the Month back in January, but it's become so popular and loved that it's now a permanent menu item. If you've tried it, you know why.

It's got everything you could ever want and more: toffee, fudge, chocolate chunks, and salted caramel truffles. Are you drooling yet? Because I am. If you're only going to try out one DQ Blizzard, it's this one, because it's everything a Blizzard should be. Over-the-top, indulgent, and a flavor explosion.

If you read this article and you're now on your way to get a Blizzard, I think I've done my job. Blizzards are the best ice cream treat fast food has to offer, and we must appreciate and cherish them for the glorious concoctions that they are.