When alcohol, stress and lack of sleep finally catch up with you and you just want to hide your face from the world, we have 5 beauty hacks to get rid of the college beauty woes. Instead of running to the nearest drugstore, run to your fridge instead. That’s right, natural beauty fixes are just a trip to the kitchen away. We have 5 recipes that correct blemishes, whiten your teeth, make your hair shine and more.

1. Egg Yolk Hair Mask

This may sound crazy, but egg yolk is insanely good for your hair. Yolk makes your hair softer and shinier. Vitamin D is great for split ends and hair growth. Olive oil also helps to minimize the appearance of damaged hair.

Hair Conditioner

Photo by Kirby Barth

2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup water

Directions:
1. Mix egg yolks with olive oil.
2. Dilute the mixture with water.
3. Massage the resulting mask into your scalp.
4. Let rest for 20-25 minutes then rinse.

2. Strawberry-Baking Soda Teeth Whitening

Put down your Crest strips and listen up. The all natural strawberry-baking soda tooth mask is both cheaper and safer than whitening strips. Strawberries contain malic acid, which acts as an astringent to remove surface discoloration on your teeth.

Teeth whitening

Photo by Kirby Barth

3 parts baking soda
1 part smashed strawberries
1 part lemon juice

Directions:
1. Mix together baking soda, strawberries and lemon juice.
2. Use a soft toothbrush to brush the paste onto teeth. Store extra mixture in refrigerator.

3. Baking Soda Acne Mask
Breaking out from stress and late night eating? Grab some honey, baking soda and a few friends to improve blemishes. Baking soda has mild anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that enable it to lessen the irritation caused by acne inflammation. Baking soda’s individual particles also act as an exfoliate.

exfoliate

Photo by Kirby Barth

1 tablespoon baking soda
1 ½ tablespoons honey

Directions:
1. Mix baking soda and honey together to form a mask.
2. Apply evenly to face.
3. Let sit for 10 minutes then wash off with warm water.

4. Tea for Puffy Eyes
Can’t shake those puffy eyes from your last all-nighter? No one needs to know. Try this quick fix before class. The antioxidants and caffeine will constrict the blood vessels underneath your skin, deflating the remaining puffiness.

Green tea

Photo by Kirby Barth

2 caffeinated green tea bags

Directions:
1. Put green tea bags in cold water for 3 minutes.
2. Squeeze out excess water.
3. Rest tea bags over closed eyelids for 12 minutes.

5. Body Exfoliate
Looking for an easy way to get smoother skin? With just 2 ingredients, you can see a difference in minutes.

exfoliate

Photo by Kirby Barth

1 part sugar
1 ½ parts olive oil

Directions:
1. Apply the body scrub to wet skin.
2. Gently massage the scrub in desired areas.
3. Rinse with warm water.