What better way to celebrate the Olympics than by making ring-shaped food? Oh, by actually being active and participating in sports? Nah. Food.

Start off your day with a golden ring of croissants, loaded with scrambled eggs, red bell pepper, bacon, and cheese. Because you’re a winner. Now bite into that gold like a champion.

Bacon Egg and Cheese Croissant Ring

• Prep Time:25 minutes
  • Cook Time:20 minutes
  • Total Time:45 minutes

• 1 red bell pepper (chopped small)
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/8 cup milk
  • 1 can crescent rolls
  • 8 slices of bacon (cooked)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 tablespoon water
Photo by Caitlyn Heter
Photo by Caitlyn Heter

Step 1

Whisk together 5 of the eggs, the red bell pepper, and the milk. Cook on medium heat until the eggs are just cooked.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter
GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Step 2

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Then lay out the triangles of crescent roll dough in a circle with the points facing outward.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter
GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Step 3

Place a slice of bacon on each of the crescent rolls. Sprinkle half of the cheese around the circle where the crescents meet. Then, layer on the scrambled egg and pepper.

#SpoonTip: Cook your bacon to chewy (not too crunchy) so the strips are more pliable.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter
GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Step 4

Lift the outer corners of the crescent dough and pull each corner over the fillings to create the ring.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter
GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Step 5

In a small bowl, combine the last egg and the water to form an egg wash. Brush this over the crescent roll dough to get a shiny, golden-brown breakfast ring.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter
GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Step 6

Bake for 15 minutes. Carefully sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Then bake for 5 more minutes.

GIF by Caitlyn Heter
GIF by Caitlyn Heter

Step 7

Slice it up and enjoy!

GIF by Caitlyn Heter
GIF by Caitlyn Heter