On November 12th Spoon members from different universities got to learn tips and tricks on how to spice up our craft. From a lesson on photo angles to hearing from content creators, the Brainfood event hosted by Spoon University and TABASCO® Brand brought the heat! Not only did we get to learn about spicing up our content, but TABASCO® Brand also provided us with some hot and tangy ways to change up some classic recipes. They gave us three different dishes that take classic meal times to the next level, and all that needed to be added was a few dashes of our favorite TABASCO® Brand pepper sauces. 

Managing Editor, Izzie Ramirez, was joined by Chef Karen Rosenbloom to walk Spoonies across the nation through these recipes. Here is what they had in store for us:

Recipes 

Starting off with everyone’s favorite breakfast dish: french toast! This dish uses a classic and simple recipe… but with a twist. 

Spiced French Toast: The Perfect Combination of Sweet and Spicy

• A few dashes TABASCO® Original Red Sauce
  • Eggs
  • Cinnamon
  • Sugar
  • Bread my favorite is brioche
  • Butter

Start by combining your batter ingredients

Add a few dashes of TABASCO® Original Red Sauce and combine

Dip your bread in the batter on each side making sure it is evenly coated

On a grease and heated pan add your coated slices of bread

Cook on each side until golden brown

And voila! Classic french toast but with a little bit of extra heat. Add your favorite toppings, like syrup or whipped cream, and you are in for a sweet and spicy party in your mouth. 

Who doesn’t love a classic caprese sandwich? Well, add the smoky and tangy flavor of TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce and you are guaranteed to love it even more. This dish takes the tried-and-true sandwich up a notch!

Caprese Sandwich: ... But With a Chipotle Kick

• Cook Time:0

• TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce
  • 2 slices sourdough
  • Pesto
  • Burrata
  • Tomato Slices
  • Prosciutto
  • Arugula
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Start by adding pesto to one side of the bread

On the same side add a ball of burrata cheese

Top this with sliced tomatoes

Season with salt and pepper

On the other side of bread layer some prosciutto

Top with arugula

Season with extra virgin olive oil

Add a few dashes of TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce to the top

Stack the two sides and cut down the middle

This sandwich combines the best parts of the caprese sandwich with the smokiness of chipotle peppers and prosciutto. It is guaranteed to leave you satisfied! Share with your friends or keep it to yourself, we don’t judge! 

Spicy Margarita Mocktail: Add Some Heat To Your Happy Hour

• Cook Time:0

• TABASCO® Green Jalapeño Sauce
  • 1 and ½ oz chilled soda water
  • oz orange juice
  • oz simple syrup
  • oz lime juice
  • Lime wedge

Start with a fun glass, feel free to line the rim with salt or sugar (whatever makes you happy)

Add chilled soda water, orange juice, simple syrup, and lime juice. Mix!

Now add a couple of dashes of TABASCO® Green Jalapeño Sauce
    Mix!

Add a lime wedge to your glass and enjoy!

This drink is perfect for parties, hot days, or even when you just need some time to yourself.

TABASCO® Brand and Spoon University’s Brainfood event gave us the opportunity to learn tips and tricks that will improve our skills! Not only were we gifted with the chance of learning from some experts, but with these recipes, our kitchen is ready to handle the heat! Try out all of these recipes and experiment with the full variety of sauces TABASCO® Brand has to offer!