Rotisserie chicken is a versatile ingredient and a cheap one, too. From tacos to salad, it can be used for just about anything. It’s easy to incorporate into any dish, and there’ll always be leftovers — a plus for anyone looking for quick meals. And it’ll have you looking like a pro in your dorm kitchen.

The following meals are all about your tastes and just a base that you can spice up with what’s already in your fridge and pantry. So let’s get to shredding! 

Chicken Salad (like an actual salad)

Photo by Logan Jeffrey via Unsplash

From a classic chicken Caesar salad to a Cobb salad, you can go about this in a number of ways. Either toss in the shredded chicken with a pre-made salad mix or grab your favorite salad ingredients. I usually go for tossing romaine lettuce, croutons, parmesan cheese, and chicken in a bowl with Caesar dressing. 

Chicken Tacos 

Photo by Davey Gravy via Unsplash

Sauté chicken with your favorite taco seasoning. Then on a small corn or flour tortilla (I like to heat the tortilla on both sides to get a little char), add your seasoned chicken with a bit of cheese on top. Toppings can also include red onions, avocado, and cilantro.

Chicken Pizza

Photo by Chad Montano via Unsplash

Have fun with this one! This is no viral Trader Joe’s flatbread pizza recipe, but you can definitely use that flatbread. Keep it simple with just pizza sauce, cheese, and chicken, OR maximize with bacon, veggies, and other toppings.   

Chicken Fajita-Style Quesadillas

Photo by Lottie Griffiths via Unsplash

In my mind, this is the ultimate girl dinner. Who doesn’t like a good ol’ tortilla and cheese combo? To spice this up, you can either sauté your chicken with peppers and onions, like in this recipe by Momsdish. Place a tortilla on a clean skillet. Cover up half of it with cheese, chicken and veggie filling, and more cheese. Fold the tortilla over to close. Cook until golden.

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Photo by Youjeen Cho via Unsplash

Chicken salad is basically just chicken mixed with mayonnaise. But you can also add in crispy bacon and seasonings of your choice (I go for red pepper flakes, paprika, and garlic powder). Essentially, add whatever you want to the mixture, Delish recommends crispy celery, tart apple, and dill. However you customize this, scoop the mixture onto your favorite type of bread.