Have you ever been in a rush to eat something healthy but you don't have time, or you're too tired to make a PB & J? Well, lucky for you, I have the solution. Hard boiled eggs. But not just any hard boiled eggs; these are hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot which easily makes them my favorite snack on the planet when I'm busy. 

The Instant Pot is similar to a Crock Pot, but it is more versatile, is easier to handle, and takes up less counter space. The Instant Pot can make yogurt, soup, steamed vegetables, rice, porridge, and so much more! Read on to learn how to make hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot.  

Cooking, homemade, Korean food, Tteokbokki, soft-boiled egg, Gochujang, college life, College Eats
Amy Dong

The Instant Pot started to gain popularity a couple years ago, and it is now becoming a staple in many kitchens - especially in the kitchens of college students or those who are interested in fast and easy ways to cook. It is really easy to use, as all you have to do is press a button and set the timer. Basically, there is an inner pot where you put all your food in. In this case, you will fill it with water and eggs, and it is heated up to cook your food in a timely manner.

Making hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot will make your life so much easier and you will definitely want to try to find another reason to use it in your daily lives!

Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs

• 2 to 4 eggs
  • 2 cups water
egg, chicken, egg yolk

Fill the inner pot with water up until the the halfway mark. Once you do this, put the inner pot back into the main component of the Instant Pot and place however many eggs you want into the pot and close the lid.

Lily Iler

Turn on the Instant Pot by plugging it into an outlet. Click the button that says "Pressure Cook," and then set the timer between 3 and 7 minutes. The Instant Pot will beep three times when it is brought up to pressure and is starting to cook.

The amount of time the pressure cook setting is set to depends on how you like your eggs. If you like a slightly runny egg, then set the timer closer to 3 minutes. If you like the yolk very hard, then set the timer closer to 7 minutes. I found that 5 was a perfect medium for making hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot.

Lily Iler

When the timer goes off, place a cloth or a paper towel over the pressure release valve on the lid and slowly turn to allow the steam and pressure to slowly release. Once it is safe to open the top, remove the lid.

#spoontip: BE CAREFUL HERE - the steam coming out from here is HOT. Trust me, you want to use a towel or something to cover it, and do not put your hand over top of the valve or have it anywhere near your face as you will get burned.

Lily Iler

Once the pressure is released and the lid is removed, take a spoon and carefully remove the eggs from the water. Do not try to remove the eggs with your hands as the water and eggs will still be hot and it can burn you.

Lily Iler

Place the eggs in a clean bowl and run them under water until the eggs are cooler to the touch. This step is completely optional, but I just do this because it makes it easier to peel since your hands will not be touching a burning hot egg.

Lily Iler

Enjoy your eggs! I normally eat these with some toast or as a snack when I am walking to swim practice in the afternoon. You can also chop them up and add them to any salad you could dream of.

toast, tomato, bread, cheese, vegetable, basil, lettuce, sandwich, salad
    Jenny Georgieva

If you want an easy and quick egg-fix in your day to day, try to make eggs in an instant pot and start your meal prep game.