There are two types of people in this world: the ones who buy Valentine's Day chocolate and then the far superior ones who make Valentine's Day chocolate.

If you're really looking to impress someone without breaking a sweat or your bank account, look no further.

Four-Ingredient Valentine's Day Chocolate

• Cook Time:1 hr 30 mins
  • Total Time:1 hr 35 mins

• 1 cup butter — I used Smart Balance
  • 1 cup chocolate chips; adjust as needed
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 1 cup coconut sugar
chocolate
Sara Marino

Chop up walnuts and place them in compact circles on a baking tray covered with wax paper.

nut, corn, sweet, cereal
    Sara Marino

Combine the coconut sugar and the butter together. Stir the mixture over the stove over low heat for about 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick and forms bubbles. This will be your caramel layer.

milk, chocolate, cappuccino, tea, espresso, coffee
    Sara Marino

Pour the caramel over the walnut clusters. You want to make sure the caramel covers all of the nuts.

sweet, candy, cookie, chocolate
    Sara Marino

Microwave the chocolate chips for about a minute and then stir them until they become smooth. Once the chocolate is mixed, layer it over the walnut and caramel clusters.

fudge, chocolate
    Sara Marino

Place the tray with the Valentine's Day chocolates in a freezer for 30 minutes to an hour. Then break them out and enjoy!

milk, chocolate
    Sara Marino

If you want to make the Valentine's Day chocolates even more fancy, place it on a nice tablecloth with some fresh flowers.

chocolate
    Sara Marino

This is my go-to recipe for chocolates, and everyone always ends up loving them. I know you'll enjoy them, too.