Encased between a warmed, crunchy baguette with pesto and goat cheese slowly oozing out, a garlicky mushroom and onion menagerie makes the perfect quick lunch or dinner. Since this recipe was adapted from a quesadilla recipe (found here), the leftovers are versatile and can be easily added to almost any wrap, burrito,or sandwich.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: About 25 minutes
Servings: 2-3 (depending on how many leftovers you want)
Bread (preferably baguette)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium yellow onion
1 package mushrooms
3 garlic cloves
1. Chop onions and mushrooms. Mince garlic.
2. Add onions and mushrooms to medium skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Cook onions and mushrooms for 10 minutes or until softened. (Tip: Stir constantly towards the end of the 10 minutes to prevent burning).
4. Meanwhile, line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bread on baking sheet and top with pesto and goat cheese.
5. Put baking sheet with bread in oven and set to broil. Remove after mushroom mix is done or after about 4 minutes.
6. When onions and mushrooms are softened, add garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Top warmed bread with mushroom mix.
8. Close sandwich and enjoy!