I don't know about you, but I'm always skeptical of those so called "two-ingredient" or "three-ingredient" recipes. Once I got really excited about a "Two-Ingredient Apple Pie Milkshake" and ended up feeling pretty foolish when the two ingredients turned out to be vanilla ice cream and a WHOLE APPLE PIE. In my (very humble) opinion, unless the apple pie was made of 100% apples, that recipe title was a blatant lie. And I don't really appreciate being lied to. So, in the spirit of full disclosure, I guess this recipe is not technically only two ingredients.

When you're at the store buying what you need for these brownies, however, you only need to buy two items. So in my book, that qualifies as a two-ingredient recipe. Those ingredients are *drumroll* eggs and Nutella — or chocolate hazelnut spread, if you prefer. Yes, Nutella has more than one ingredient. I think we can let that slide, especially since I'm pretty sure Nutella qualifies as it's own (perfectly acceptable and wholesome) food group. These flourless brownies are super simple, flourless, and they're made with my number one favorite superfood – the egg

Super Simple 2-Ingredient Flourless Brownies

• 4 eggs at room temperature
  • 1 cup Nutella or other chocolate nut spread
egg
Natalie Oberer

Beat eggs with an electric mixer until they are light yellow and fluffy, and have tripled in size.

milk, coffee, dairy product, cream, pudding
    Natalie Oberer

Microwave the Nutella until warm, about 30 seconds.

milk, cream, chocolate, sweet, dairy product, coffee, pudding
    Natalie Oberer

Mix the warm Nutella into the beaten eggs, and pour into a greased 8x8 pan.

chocolate, cake, chocolate cake, pie
    Natalie Oberer

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Once they've cooled, serve and enjoy!

chocolate, cake, sweet, pastry, cream, pie, bread
    Natalie Oberer

You probably noticed that I didn't use actual Nutella in my brownies, as I happened to have Trader Joe's brand on hand. Both work equally well, as I'm sure any version of Nutella would. I will warn you, these don't turn out like regular brownies; they are very dense and almost fudge-like. A couple pieces of advice – the eggs most definitely need to be at room temperature and the Nutella really does need to be microwaved, in order to integrate well. Also, if you don't beat the eggs enough the brownies will turn out very eggy and be even more dense. 

My close friend showed me these flourless brownies a couple summers ago, and I've been pretty much obsessed ever since. They're perfect for those who can't tolerate gluten, but still want to satisfy their brownie craving, and it's especially good for us people (e.g. students) who don't have room for whole bags of flour and sugar in our mighty small living spaces. Really, these ingredient brownies are perfect for everyone.