To pay, or not to pay (extra for guacamole) – that is the question that everyone who has ever been to Chipotle has asked while waiting in line. Getting guacamole definitely upgrades your ~*Chipotle experience*~, but is it worth the $1.80?
On Sunday morning, Chipotle released their top secret Guacamole recipe on their website. The recipe from their website is pretty simple (and Spoon’s copycat Chipotle guacamole used the exact same ingredients!). So help your wallet by making your own guacamole to combat your Chipotle addiction and bring it with you on your next Chipotle visit.
According to the Chipotle website, this is the recipe:
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
2 teaspoon lime juice
2 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
¼ cup red onion (finely chopped)
½ jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit (carefully!).
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and, using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
You’re one step closer to creating your own burrito bowl. Life is good.