Making chicken is an accomplishment. A whole meal can be made with just a few pieces of chicken breast. I certainly feel like a chef when I make juicy chicken and pair it with a variety of sides. But sometimes, I get tired of eating plain chicken.

In lieu of my need to change up my chicken recipes, I’ve piled up my favorite chicken meals. All these recipes are easy to follow and can be made quickly. They're perfect to make for dinner on a weekday night or whenever you want to make use of some leftover chicken you have sitting in your fridge.

But before we dive into the recipes, here’s how I make regular chicken breast. You can stick to your seasonings or however you make chicken. But if you’re looking to change it up, here you go. 

Everyday Chicken Recipe

• Prep Time:10 secs
  • Cook Time:15 secs
  • Total Time:25 secs

• 1 pound chicken breast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 fresh lime squeezed
Gabriela Rodriguez

First, get your pieces of chicken breasts. Run them under water and place them on a cutting board. With a knife, cut out any excess pieces of fat. Once done, place the chicken breasts in a bowl.

Next, throw all of the seasonings into the bowl with the chicken and mix everything around. Once each piece is seasoned, get a pan. Place it on the stove and drizzle some olive oil on it. Set the stove to medium-high heat and let it warm up. Once ready, place the chicken onto the pan and cook it until each side of the breast is golden brown.

Chicken Marinara Pasta

• Leftover cooked chicken breast
  • 1 box pasta your choice
  • 1 container marinara sauce
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • Shredded cheese your choice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
Alyssa Auderer

Bring a large pot of water to a boil on a stove set to high heat. Sprinkle some salt into the pot. While the water is boiling, cut your leftover chicken breasts into small, cube-like pieces. You can cut them in any shape you’d like, but I like my chicken in pasta to be cut into small pieces. Feel free to make it your own! Once cut, set the pieces aside. Once the water is bubbling and boiling, throw your pasta into the pot.

Alyssa Auderer

While the pasta is cooking, get a pan on the stove and set it to high heat. Drizzle the olive oil onto the pan and let it heat up. Once the pan is heated, toss your piece of chicken in there. Stir the chicken around until it gets nice and warm.

Alyssa Auderer

After the chicken has been in the pan for a while, pour in your marinara sauce. Stir the chicken with the marinara while all the ingredients cook. If you have some Italian seasoning, throw it in there to get that true pasta taste!

Alyssa Auderer

Let’s get back to the pasta. After about 11 minutes, your pasta should be done cooking. Drain out the pasta water with a strainer, but leave a small amount of water in the pot. Set the pasta to the side. Once the pasta is ready, transfer the marinara sauce and chicken to the pot with the pot. Stir everything together to make sure all the ingredients are covered with marinara. Sprinkle some shredded cheese as you mix the pasta if you’d like, and that’s it! A hearty meal!

Chicken Fried Rice

• Leftover cooked chicken
  • Cilantro
  • 2 cups white rice
  • 1 onion
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
Alyssa Auderer

First, cook your rice how you normally would. Cook it in a rice cooker, a pot or however you want! I cook my rice in a rice cooker with some water, but do whatever is easiest for you. As your rice cooks, dice up your onions, garlic and cilantro. Set each ingredient aside. Cut your leftover chicken breast into small pieces and set that to the side as well. Then, crack your eggs in a bowl and whisk them until you get a bright yellow, creamy consistency.

Take a large pan and set it on the stove to medium-high heat. Drizzle your olive oil in the pan and let it heat up for a few minutes. Then, take your onion and garlic and throw them in the sizzling pan. After they’ve cooked for a few minutes, toss in your chicken. Let everything cook together for about five to seven more minutes. Get a smaller pan, drizzle a little bit of olive oil in it and let it heat up. Then, pour your whisked eggs into the pan and it all around until you get scrambled eggs. Sprinkle in salt and pepper while you cook the eggs.

Take your cooked rice and throw it in the pan with your chicken and vegetables. Stir everything around. Once everything is mixed together, toss in your cooked eggs, cilantro, soy sauce and sriracha sauce into the same pan. Mix everything and let it cook for a few more minutes. Serve it on a plate and enjoy!

Chicken Quesadillas

• Chicken
  • 1 large flour tortilla
  • Shredded cheese your choice
  • Butter
  • 1 red or yellow bell pepper
  • 1 onion
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
Alyssa Auderer

Get your leftover chicken breasts and place on a cutting board. Cut the chicken into thin slices. You them to look like shredded chicken. Set the chicken aside.

Alyssa Auderer

Cut your bell pepper and onion into tiny pieces. Try to get them as small as possible. Set them aside once done. Get a medium-sized pan and place it on the stove. Set it to medium-high heat and drizzle some olive oil onto the pan. Once the pan is heated, toss in your vegetables. Stir that around for a few minutes or until they start to turn a brownish color.

Alyssa Auderer

Then, place your shredded chicken into the same pan and let it reheat on low-medium heat for a couple more minutes.

Alyssa Auderer

Take another small pan and place it on the stove. Set the pan to low-medium heat and drizzle some olive oil. After the pan is heated, take a tortilla and place it on the pan. Then, take your chicken and vegetable combination and place it on one half of the tortilla shell. Sprinkle some cheese on top of the chicken.

Alyssa Auderer

Once the chicken, vegetable and cheese have been placed on your tortilla, take a pair of tongs or spatula and fold the tortilla in half with the plain half covering the half with cheese and chicken. Cook each side of the tortilla until golden brown and crispy. Once each side of the tortilla has been cooked evenly, transfer it to a place and cut it in half. Repeat this process if you have any leftover chicken and vegetables and make more quesadillas! Serve with sour cream, salsa or sauce of your choice and enjoy!

Yummy Chicken-based Meals 

With these three recipes, leftovers don't have to be boring. Whip up these quick meals and change up your weekly night dinners!