With 4th of July just around the corner, party planning has begun. We all want to create the perfect barbecue with the most delicious eats for our friends and family. Most importantly though, dessert has to stand out.

What better way to impress your crowd than to serve delicious and healthy desserts? Here are 10 healthy Fourth of July dessert recipes you need to make.

1. Mint Watermelon Smoothie

watermelon, juice, sweet, melon
Kathleen Lee

There's no better way to start off dessert than with a refreshing mint watermelon smoothie. The bright red color will add a patriotic spark to your dessert spread that's perfect for 4th of July.

#SpoonTip: To make sure your guests don't fill up on just one dessert, serve the smoothie in small shot glasses. The small portion will satisfy them but leave room for the rest of dessert.

2. American Flag Fruit Sticks

cake, strawberry, cheesecake, chocolate, sweet, candy
Mira Nguyen

Everyone loves a good flag themed dessert for the 4th of July. A perfect healthy twist on a "flag cake" is to create flag fruit sticks. Fruit-filled kebabs with bananas, strawberries, and blueberries are a great patriotic and healthy dessert for your party.

3. Blue and White Dipped Strawberries

strawberry, berry, cream, cake
Mira Nguyen

I know, chocolate is not deemed the healthiest. However, chocolate covered fruit in moderation is not the worst thing to have. This patriotic red, white and blue dessert will catch your guests' eye. These refreshing chocolate covered berries will definitely be a crowd pleaser. 

4. Fruit Tart

berry, tart, strawberry, sweet, cheesecake, blueberry, cake, chocolate
Natalie Van Brunt

For all you vegans out there, here's a delicious and dairy-free 4th of July dessert that you must try. Created from just nuts and fruit, this healthy and patriotic dessert definitely should appear at your holiday party. 

5. Greek Yogurt Parfait Popsicles

cream, ice, chocolate, ice cream, milk
Jackie Kuczynski

This creamy and refreshing red, white, and blue dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth this 4th of July. Rather than going for an ice cream option, create a healthier yogurt version yourself. The pop of the colors combined with a delicious flavor will definitely impress your guests. 

6. Yogurt Covered Blueberries

meringue, cookie, candy, sweet, pastry, dough, chocolate
greta dylus

You'll be amazed at how simple it is to make these yogurt covered blueberries for a patriotic 4th of July dessert. Once you bite the outer white layer of yogurt, the blue from the blueberry pops out. This healthy dessert is definitely one to stock up on for your guests.

7. Jello Firecrackers

Transform your favorite childhood firecracker ice pop into a jello treat this 4th of July. To make the recipe healthy, use sugar-free jello rather than the regular to cut down on added sugars. This light and refreshing dessert will not only appeal to the eyes of your guests, but they won't leave feeling too full.

8. Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars

A healthier take on your typical cheesecake are these lemon blueberry cheesecake bars. To create a lighter dessert, the filling actually contains greek yogurt. Not only are these bars high in protein, but delicious and satisfying. These rich lemon blueberry cheesecake bars will be a huge hit at your 4th of July party.

9. Blueberry Frozen Yogurt

Another healthy yet satisfying 4th of July dessert option for your guests is this skinny blueberry frozen yogurt. With only four ingredients, this frozen yogurt is incredibly easy to make and a delicious treat. 

10. Fresh Berries with Maple Cream

Sometimes the most classic recipes are a necessary go-to. A combination of blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries with maple cream creates a light and delicious dessert to end your 4th of July party on a healthy and sweet note.

See? Healthy Fourth of July dessert recipes are extremely simple to make and delicious to eat. These light and refreshing dessert recipes will definitely excite your guests this 4th of July.