Everybody’s favorite day is fast approaching and if you haven’t started making plans yet, fear not because Spoon University is here for you. As an appreciator/lover/avid consumer of food in general, I have spent the past three years eating my way through the CWRU campus. Here are some of my favorite places, all suited for your specific couple needs

Algebra Teahouse for the Philosophical Couple

If you’re the politically aware couple that loves intellectually stimulating conversations, then Algebra Teahouse is the date night destination for you. This cozy shop is conveniently dimly lit, and inside you’ll find a vast assortment of teas, treats, and noms. Perfect for a lazy afternoon date or lunch date. There are even low couches with pillows, board games scattered throughout, and a nice fire to warm you up in this cold Cleveland weather.

Rising Star Coffee Roasters for the Hip Couple

If you’re the hip couple that appreciates a nice cup of coffee and Little Italy vibes, hit up Rising Star Coffee Roasters. This gem of a coffee shop brews up coffees with names and origins I can’t pronounce, that are sure to give you a kick start to a romance-packed day. Be sure to try one of their pastries, which are delivered from places like Philomena Bakeshop, Brewnuts, and Fire Food and Drink.

Indian Flame for the Lazy Couple

If you’re a couple that loves taking naps and being generally chill or lazy, go for a meal at Indian Flame on Euclid. Hit up their buffet at lunchtime for a meal that’ll put you right to sleep. Seriously, they must put sedatives in their food. Jokes aside, their butter chicken, naan, and pakoras are to die for. And at 10 bucks a person, it’s a steal!

McDonald's for the Cheap Couple

If you’re the cheap couple, go to McDonald’s. Just a couple quick short miles down Euclid accessible by Healthline, RTA, or a $2 Uber, lies the infamous golden arches. Inside, the Family Value Box awaits you. Loaded with two Big Macs, two cheeseburgers, four small fries, two medium drinks, two small drinks, and a six-pack chicken nugget, you and your date shall want for nothing. Better yet, Taco Bell is right across the street so all your wildest drunchie dreams can come true.

Happy Dog at Euclid Tavern for the Adventurous Couple

If you’re an adventurous couple, try Happy Dog. With dozens of bizarre, cool toppings for their dogs like Spaghetti-O’s, Fruit Loops, fried eggs and so many sauces like chipotle ketchup and Korean bbq sauce, that you can never get bored here. Also who can say no to tater tots? And for those over 21, there’s a full bar so you can make bold beer and hot dog pairings. Pro tip: try the Yum Yum sauce, it is bomb.

Washington Place for the Bougie Couple

And finally, for the classy couple that likes to pretend they aren’t ratchet college students at heart, go for a nice brunch or dinner date at Washington Place. With a pricier menu featuring items like steak and eggs, eggs Benedict, and lobster, there’s something for every palate. Better yet, Washington Place is also an inn, so book a room and escape the twin beds and roommates of dorm living for a night of luxury.

I hope you are inspired to try some of Cleveland’s best eateries and restaurants for Valentine’s day. Even if you don’t have a special boo-thang, these places are great to go with a group of friends. So get the squad together for a good time with good food this February 14th.