Secretly, we all fantasize about being a guest judge on "Chopped". I mean, who wouldn't want to sit next to celebrity chefs, taste a smorgasbord of artfully prepared food, and judge people for an entire day? Well, if you live in the greater Philadelphia area, your dream may very well come true. Made In America, Philadelphia's iconoclast music festival and official summer send off, is hosting a Culinary Competition where you get to help pick the festival's food lineup. Set in the Fillmore on July 29th, the festival is bringing together over 60 vendors to compete for a coveted spot serving on Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Get your tastebuds ready, folks, because they're about to go into overdrive.

What is Made in America?

Held every Labor Day weekend for the entirety of Blue Ivy's life, Made in America is one part music festival and one part gastronomical safari, all while remaining a love letter to Philadelphia. Located in Fairmount, "Philadelphia's best neighborhood" and cultural epicenter, the festival merges a historied locale with the most epic of today's musicians. This year, the festival's lineup is absolutely stacked with heavy hitters like Nicki Minaj, Post Malone, and hometown hero, Meek Mill.

What is the Culinary Competition?

On July 29th, we the people will have yet another opportunity to vote, only this time it's for our favorite local businesses. Held in the Fillmore, the MIA Culinary Competition allows the public to taste offerings from over 60 local tri-state purveyors, all in hopes of finding Philadelphia's next top festival vendor. With chefs competing in a variety of categories, ranging from finger food to dessert to vegan cuisine, your tastebuds will have no shortage of stimulation. 

Admission is free to the public, but for twenty five bucks, you'll receive an All Access Pass, granting you early access to all 60 vendors. Either way, you'll have a say in who's feeding you this Labor Day weekend. 

But wait! There's more! Celebrity judges will also be throwing their opinion in the hat.  That's right — you'll be deciding alongside the likes of Daryl Harmon, the mastermind behind NYC beer, brunch, and board game institution Clinton Hall, and Quincy Harris, host of Fox 29's "The Q."

Who's Competing?

With over five dozen vendors, it can be hard to know who to put on your radar. Lucky for you, I've compiled a list of five standouts you should definitely try during the Culinary Competition.

1. Humpty's Dumplings:

Born from an experimental late night snack gone right, Humpty's Dumplings serves dim sum with a twist. Each dumpling is jam packed with flavor and crunch, from the classic Asian Pork filling to the oh-so American cheesesteak or buffalo chicken offerings. If you're looking for a snack that can stave off the most powerful munchies, this one's for you.

2. John's Juice:

A cornerstone of the NYC festival scene, John's Juice is a real crowd pleaser with lines longer than Hailey Baldwin and Justin Bieber's relationship at GovBall, Panorama and Smorgasburg. Touting the slogan "All Juice, No Cups," this beverage purveyor doles out organic juices directly from the source in hollowed out pineapples and coconuts.

3. Kono Pizza:

You've heard of chicken in a cone. Now get ready for the century's next great food innovation: the pizza cone. A favorite of Penn State students and tailgates at Beaver Stadium, Kono Pizza puts a unique spin on the unofficial food of a good time. By exaggerating the most important part of a good slice (aka the crust) and filling it with classic pizza toppings, Kono Pizza may just upend the dollar slice.

4. Oink and Moo BBQ:

No festival is complete without barbecue or tacos. Oink and Moo BBQ corners the market on both. Specializing in smokey pulled pork and slow cooked ribs, this New Jersey restaurant and food truck knows its way around the pit. Pair a pulled pork taco with a bowl of piping hot chili, and bask in the flavors the southwest.

5. Urban Churn:

For a sweet end to your tasting experience, stop by Urban Churn, Harrisburg's coolest ice cream shop. Slow churned in small batches the good ole way, with salt and ice, each scoop is the perfect combination of traditional and experimental. With flavors like Lemon Pita and Rose, this creamery is changing the dessert game. 

#SpoonTip: Ready to live the dream as a food critic? Pick up your Made in America Culinary Competition tickets here.