Good news for Dunkin' lovers in the greater Boston area. Dunks is testing a new $2 menu at select stores in the greater Boston area. Their “Gotta Have $2 Snacks” offers a mix of sweet and savory. Dunkin' Donuts wants to test out this menu before doing a “possible national rollout.”

Of course, I was a happy, hungry guinea pig ready to throw myself into the snacks. I decided to visit their storefront on Franklin Street to see what the hype is all about. When I told the cashier I wanted everything from the new $2 snacks menu, I was met with a pair of flustered eyes. Nonetheless, I was pleased to have only spent $14 on seven different snacks. What a steal.

Here’s my verdict for everything on DD’s new, exclusive menu.

Sweet side:

Donut Fries:

Jennifer Suryadjaja

This was the O.G snack item on the menu. The donut fries looked like tiny churros at a glance. The fried dough had the texture of a donut covered with sugar and cinnamon. It was a little dense and chewy, but it’s a fun alternative if you’re bored with typical donuts.

Pro-tip: dip these into any sweet sauce of your liking if you’re bringing them home for some extra goodness.

Warm Cookies:

Jennifer Suryadjaja

Don’t judge a book by its cover. Although the cookies appear overbaked and cracked, they tasted like an average cookie. Dunkin's take on cookies is one that’s slightly crispy on the outside and delightfully soft on the inside. The gooey chocolate chips make it comforting.

Munchkin Dippers:

Jennifer Suryadjaja

These dippers came in a box of six mini ball donuts, different from the other treats served in small paper bags. There are two each of three flavors: glazed, powdered and jelly-filled, and chocolate frosted. There was an ample of chocolate sauce in a separate container to dip these bad boys into. Although I was expecting a thicker consistency for the sauce, the munchkin dippers were still a joy to snack on.

Gluten-Free Fudge Brownie:

Jennifer Suryadjaja

If you have a sweet tooth, you’re gonna love these brownies. When I sank my teeth into this, I could definitely taste the fudge element of this snack. The texture was smooth but a little heavy. It's something for everyone, whether or not you're gluten free.

Savory side:

Pretzel Bites:

Jennifer Suryadjaja

Served with a side of honey-mustard sauce, the pretzel bites tasted like regular balls of dough. Though salted only on one side, the sauce helps to add flavor to the snack. There’s not much excitement to this since it tasted so plain.

Ham And Cheese Roll-Ups:

Jennifer Suryadjaja

This snack item is perhaps the one that Dunkin' should improve on most. The roll-ups were a little disappointing in the way that they were presented as they looked flat. They tasted too salty as well, with little texture to eat.

Waffle-Breaded Chicken Tenders:

If you’re looking for a fan favorite savory snack item, this is the one. The cashier who served me told me that this item is the most popular and runs out fast throughout the day.

After giving it a taste-test, I could see why. The texture was soft, and the aroma of fried chicken made it super tempting. The crumbs coating the tenders were not that crispy to my liking, but this is my personal favorite amongst the rest.

For $2 a snack item, these Dunkin' Donuts snack items are worth the price you pay for.