As of late, Albuquerque has been deprived of good boba and good Filipino food. This may be due to the lack of an Asian population here in New Mexico, but it could also be due to the fact that New Mexican’s are typically drawn to New Mexican or American cuisine. Luckily, a few months ago Bubblicitea Cafe graced the native Burqueno’s with a storefront that serves both boba and Filipino food.

Bubblicitea

Photo by Sharmaine Ong

When you first enter Bubblicitea, you’ll be greeted by the happy smiles of the cashier and the server, and the delectable smell of freshly baked pan de sal (Filipino bread rolls). The warm environment will be enough to reel you into this establishment. Do not be afraid to enter. It will be one of the best food and beverage decisions you’ll make here in Albuquerque.

When ordering, do not be intimidated by the rows of Bubble Tea choices. If you’re not feeling rather adventurous, go for the classic black milk tea or the classic taro milk tea. If anything, don’t forget to add boba! This ingredient is the most important ingredient for completing the perfect bubble tea experience.

Bubblicitea

Photo by Sharmaine Ong

You may be wondering, “How good is the Filipino food?” Well, I have to say it reminds me of the food I had in the Philippines. Their freshly steamed Siopao (pork steamed buns) and their home style Pork Sisig (pork dish cooked on hot plate) are dishes I would introduce to my friends who aren’t familiar with Filipino cuisine. Out of all the dishes I could recommend to try, I’d say the Pancit (noodle dish) sold on Saturdays is the best dish to try. My dad, who grew up in the Philippines, calls it authentic and says it’s just like the Pancit from the Philippines.

Bubblicitea

Photo by Sharmaine Ong

If you want to try new food and bubble tea, I truly recommend this place. Bubblicitea Cafe is filled with warm and friendly workers, great food, and yummy boba. This is a cafe you need to put on your “Albuquerque Must Try List,” especially if you’re wanting to try Filipino food.