Three words: Vegan Cookie Dough. Yeah, you read that right, cookie dough that contains zero traces of eggs, which means zero chance of salmonella poisoning. Cookie dough that you can eat a whole tub full without your mother’s voice nagging you in the back of your head to put down the spoon and get out of the kitchen.

So where can you find such a glorious creation? If you are a UCLA student, the answer to your prayers is located only two miles away at Bigg Chill Frozen Yogurt. While these self-proclaimed “frozen yogurt connoisseurs” offer a variety of flavors that rotate three times a week, including a dairy-free option, (find their flavors of the day here), their vegan cookie dough is what has people lining up out the door on weekend nights.

cookie dough

Photo by Giselle Abcarian

Only frequent Bigg Chill customers, we like to call ourselves “the Big Chillers” (maybe that’s just me), would know to ask for the vegan cookie dough on the side.

Pro Tip: even if you plan on eating your frozen yogurt in the shop, ordering any of the toppings on the side gets you the most bang for your buck, trust me.  Instead of a scoop of cookie dough, they give you a small cup’s worth of toppings. That’s almost four scoops! You’re welcome.

cookie dough

Photo by Giselle Abcarian

Now here’s the best part of the deal; if you are unable to finish your side of vegan cookie dough, or if you possess some self-control (teach me your ways!), then you can take it home and BAKE IT INTO COOKIES!

Yes, it’s true! I know you must be thinking, but how?! There’s no eggs, or butter, or baking powder….what is this dark magic you speak of? Well somehow it works and the cookies are some of the fluffiest I’ve ever baked. See the glorious fluffy cloud cookies pictured below if you don’t believe me.

cookie dough

Photo by Giselle Abcarian

So if you’re tired of the same old toppings and flavors at your local Yogurtland or Pinkberry, grab some cash (it’s cash only), head on down to Bigg Chill and give your taste buds a yogurt and cookie dough combo flavor party they’ll never forget.

cheap

Location: 10850 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064

Hours of Operation: 11am-10pm Monday-Saturday, 11am-5pm Sunday

If you love the idea of vegan cookie dough, check out these awesome articles: