On October 5 from 4-7pm at Memorial Glade, Spoon University at Berkeley will be hosting a food festival called Spoonfest. We’ll have food from local restaurants, such as Cinnaholic, King Pin Donuts, Montague’s Gourmet SandwichesPacific Cookie Company, Sushi Secrets, Tamon Tea, Tea Press and 723 Tea Station.

Spoonfest

Chichibun sushirrito – spicy tuna, king salmon, potatoes, julienned carrots, cucumber, shaved cabbage with kimchee, wasabi and an ago aioli | Photo by Michelle Lin

We’re also planning all sorts of fun activities like taste tests, lollipop trees and food trivia contests. In addition to the Spoon-led activities, there will be booths from different student organizations, such as Ink at Berkeley, Berkeley Student Food Collective and Cal Literature and Arts Magazine. Each booth will have a different interactive activity or display. Food-related face-painting anyone? We’ll also have a very special, handmade photo-op at the Glade.

Spoonfest

Ink at Berkeley | Photo from https://www.facebook.com/ink.berkeley

Of course, the day wouldn’t be complete without its share of live performances. Several student groups like Drawn to Scale, Berkeley Chinese A Capella and Celli@Berkeley will be performing throughout the evening, so you can eat and play games while listening to music.

Spoonfest

Celli@Berkeley | Photo from https://www.facebook.com/WeAreCelli by Innovative Design

We will be selling tickets over the next week for five dollars each. Look out for a special promotion code (hint: sign up for our newsletter). Also, after purchasing your ticket, be sure you print out your confirmation and bring that to the check-in booth on the day of Spoonfest.

The best part of all this? We’re donating half of the proceeds to the UC Berkeley Food Pantry, an emergency relief food supply for all UC Berkeley students. We think that’s a pretty good reason to set aside our homework and studying for a few hours on October 5–we hope you agree.

Tentative Agenda:

• 4:00 pm: Spoonfest Begins
  • 4:30 pm: Chinese A Capella Performance
  • 4:45 pm: Taste Test (Can you guess the difference between these similar drinks while blindfolded?)
  • 5:00 pm: Food Trivia Contest (Who knows the most answers to these fun food questions?)
  • 5:30 pm: Drawn to Scale Performance
  • 5:45 pm: Smell Test (Can you guess the herb/spice while blindfolded?)
  • 6:00 pm: Baby Food Roulette (Pass around the spoon; if it lands on you when the music stops, eat a scoop of baby food.)
  • 6:30 pm: Celli@Berkeley
  • 7:00 pm: Spoonfest Ends

Note: This event is ADA Accessible. Let us know if you need accommodations, and we will do our very best to make sure you have a good time.