Most of us here at Johnson and Wales have some sort of meal plan, and we are all guilty of over-eating at Red Sauce, where you can get Italian style pasta, pizza, sandwiches, and soup. It’s all yummy, but here’s what foods are going to help you stay healthy using your swipes. (Remember everything is okay in moderation)
These are the pasta dishes you can get using your meal swipes. In order from best to worst based on calories, total fat content, and sodium. g= grams. mg= milligrams.
1) Chick Pea and Vegetable – 636 calories, 33g total fat, 106 mg sodium
2) Eggplant Parmesan – 613 calories, 40g total fat, 1763 mg sodium
3) Chicken Alfredo – 778 calories, 31g total fat, 782 mg sodium
4) Rustic Meat Lasagna – 738 calories, 41g total fat, 1649 mg sodium
5) Broccoli Rabe and Sausage – 888 calories, 50g total fat, 1676 mg sodium
6) Balsamic Sausage – 1047 calories, 67g total fat, 1734 mg sodium
Breadstick add 120 calories, 0 fat and 410 milligrams of sodium.
Pizza listed from best to worse based on calories, calories from fat, and nutrient content. This is based on 1 slice, I know most poeple get 2-3 slices.
1) Vegetable – 259 calories, 87 from fat, full of vitamins A&C and iron
2) Cheese – 239 calories, 73 from fat
3) Pepperoni – 305 calories, 124 from fat
These sandwiches are listed from best to worst based on calories, total fat content, and carbs (carbohydrates).
1) Classic Italian – 566 calories, 21g total fat, 61g carbs
2) Sundried Tomato and Turkey – 707 calories, 36g total fat, 68g carbs
3) Caprese – 717 calories, 36g total fat, 68g carbs
These salads are listed in order from best to worst based on calories, total fat content and fiber. (No dressing)
1) Garden Salad – 36 calories, 0g total fat, 3g fiber
2) Caesar Salad – 147 calories, 9g total fat, 3g fiber
3) Spinach Salad – 426 calories, 25g total fat, 6g fiber
4) Antipasto- 636 calories, 42g total fat, 4g fiber
These salad dressing numbers are based off one packet. They are in order of best to worst based on calories, calories from fat, and sugar content. Excluding the best choice which would be plain balsamic vinegar and a touch of olive oil (or no dressing).
1) Chipotle Ranch – 120 calories, 110 from fat, 2g sugar
2) Italian – 120 calories, 100 from fat, 4g sugar
3) Balsamic Vinaigrette – 140 calories, 110 from fat, 7g sugar
4) Honey Mustard – 160 calories, 130 from fat, 7g sugar
5) Peppercorn Parmesan – 190 calories, 170 from fat, 2g sugar
6) Buttermilk Ranch – 200 calories, 200 from fat, 1g sugar
7) Caesar – 230 calories, 210 from fat, 3g sugar
Best to worst in order of calories.
1) Garden Salad – 22 calories
2) Fruit Cup – 69 calories
3) Caesar Salad – 76 calories
5) Spinach Salad – 216 calories
6) 1 slice Pizza – 239/ 259/ 305 calories
7) Dessert Trio – 479 calories
A small 8 ounce soup can also be a side as well as larger soup can be an entrée. The soups change daily. These soups are generally low in calories and fat content.
Nutritional information used in this article is from the JWU App.