No one ever gives us college kids credit for caring about food. We’re always reduced to just ramen and pizza. But now’s our time to prove the world wrong. We’re on a mission to prove to everyone that we actually give a shit and that we’re perfectly capable humans too. How are we gonna do this? By showcasing culinary masterpieces, homemade or just enjoyed, on display in Times Square.
Yeah, you heard that right — TIMES SQUARE.
We have a huge video display in Times Square for the next three months and we want to feature you to prove to the entire world that young people understand and love food too.
Here’s how it works:
We’re calling people across the country to submit cooking or food video masterpieces to show the world what they’re capable of and what food means to them.
We’ll pick the 5 most epic videos to go on a massive billboard in Times Square to each run for an entire week between now and October. The creator of the best video will also get a $500 kitchen dream package from Williams-Sonoma so you can continue slaying the food game.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Think of a dish that you’re really, really good at making (or at least want to to try to be). Find some recipe inspo here.
2. Grab the ingredients, a camera and a friend (iPhone 6’s totally work).
3. Record the video of you making the dish or put together a slideshow with a ton of your food photos. Make sure it’s shot in horizontal orientation. (Pro tip: close up food porn shots will look great on the big screen).
4. Throw the footage into iMovie or a video editing app on your phone and cut it so the final video is 15-30 seconds.
5. Shoot an email to email@example.com with a link to your video (via Google Drive, Dropbox or YouTube) to apply. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Deadline 1: September 4th @ 11:59 pm EST.
Deadline 2: September 18th @ 11:59 pm EST.
Deadline 3: September 25th @ 11:59 pm EST.
If you win, your work will be in lights and you can finally prove to everyone that you made it. #IMadeIt
(And if you don’t live in NYC we’ll send you a video of your Times Square billboard to brag to your friends and show your future bosses.)