Presented by Spoon University x Food Network Kitchen

Idk about you, but sometimes I just need a cooking refresh. Whether I’ve been making the same meals over and over again or just want to change up my meal game, it usually requires some kind of new motivation. Move over cookbooks and Pinterest because Food Networks Kitchen’s new meal planning feature is about to be that motivation and so much more. Read on to learn about all of the features!

1. You can start with curated plans - The minds behind the FNK app got together and realized the biggest roadblock behind meal planning is knowing where to start. So they curated meal plan suggestions to get you started. Think topics like 30-minute meals for two or farmers market recipes, you can browse all of the meal planning collections here.

2. You’ll learn beyond the recipes - Sprinkled into the meal plans are tips for how to make the most of all of your at-home cooking. For example, if you purchase a rotisserie chicken for a recipe, the app will share tips for how you can utilize the leftovers, in sandwiches, soups and more. Tips like these will make you a more strategic shopper and chef. (Plus, they’ll save you money!)

Food Network Kitchen

3. Build your own plan - Once you have the hang of it, you can build your own plan in the app. You can add recipes from the curated plans into your own schedule or browse all recipes to choose your favorites. Once you’ve added a bunch of recipes to your meal plan, you can plan for the week by plotting them out on your in-app cooking calendar.

4. Generate your shopping list - This is my personal favorite feature: the shopping list. Ordering your groceries online has never been easier. Tap "add to shopping list" from your meal plan and select which ingredients you want to add to your list. Then tap "view list" to review your shopping list and add or subtract groceries, and finally tap "shop items" to get connected to an online retailer in your area. And before you know it, you’ll be ready to meal prep.

Inspired to give it a try?! Download the app here. (Psst all new members receive a 30-day free trial, too!)