Even if you're a straight up meat-lover, vegetarian/vegan food is savory and improves your palate. There's a huge misconception that vegetarian/vegan food is tasteless and boring, but it actually tends to have more spice and flavor than your typical foods. Here's a list of some vegetarian and vegan dishes to eat throughout Florida.

1. Frito Misto at Sublime Restaurant

Sublime Restaurant is located in Fort Lauderdale. The Frito Misto appetizer is crispy cauliflower with chili sauce and sesame seeds, so don't skip out on this one or you'll have serious FOMO.

2. Vegan Mac at Soul Vegetarian Restaurant

Soul Veg is in Tallahassee and has Vegan Mac so the world has changed forever basically, but in a good way because this is an easy alternative for the cheese freaks out there. Don't worry I am one of them— no shame.

3. Sunflower Seed Tuna Melt at Clovermint Café

Clovermint Café is located in Fort Lauderdale. They'll serve you the best Sunflower Seed Tuna Melt you’ve ever had. It’s an open face tuna salad made from sunflower seeds on fresh bread and drizzled with "cheddar" sauce. Question: how do you make "tuna" out of sunflower seeds? No clue, but it's FIRE.

4. Smokehouse Burger at Green Bar Kitchen

Green Bar is also in Fort Laudy. Eat their awesome Smokehouse Burger— brown rice, quinoa, chickpeas, roasted veggies, sunflower seeds, garlic, spice mix, parsley, caramelized onions, melted "cheese" and BBQ sauce. Even if you aren't a vegetarian or vegan, you'll love this burger.

5. Buffalo Tofu Sandwich at Sweet Pea Café

Sweet Pea Café is located in Tally and you should try their Buffalo Tofu Sandwich— crispy panko fried organic tofu with spicy buffalo sauce, lettuce, and tomato on toasted organic oat bread.

6. Banana Chocolate Chip Cake at Bunnie Cakes

Bunnie Cakes is located in Miami. #spoontip: vegan cakes are way better than plain old cakes. Ditch the bland vanilla cupcakes for a banana chocolate chip cake; the boring cakes will just have to get over it.

7. Graffiti Gold Pizza at Daily Green

Located in Gainesville, Daily Green has graffiti gold pizza as a weekly special from time to time. It is an orange and purple cauliflower crust topped with basil pesto, local sun gold tomatoes, and roasted golden beets.

Even though there are some bomb salads out there, vegan food doesn't have to be just a lame salad; it can be pizza, buffalo veggies, cake, mac 'n "cheese" and many other foods. The best part is most veggie places are farm-to-table, so everything tastes fresh with enhanced flavor. It's not only yummy and fun, it's healthier than eating buffalo wings and bacon cheeseburgers. I would say you're killing two birds with one stone, but that's ironic to write in an article about vegetarian and vegan food.