Valentine’s Day is around the corner and you know what that means: lots and lots of chocolate. Whether you're buying for a special someone or are having yourself a Galentine's Day, there are so many different options out there. You can choose to save or really splurge, depending on how fancy you want to get with your gift. So, I have scoured the Internet for the seven best chocolate gifts for Valentine's Day. Even if you're spending it alone, treat yourself to one of these seven gourmet chocolate gifts.

Valentine Oreo Cookies Gift Basket

This isn’t the traditional chocolate box, but it’s perfect for any Oreo lover. The Oreos are drenched in creamy chocolate, sprinkled with red and pink heart-shaped sprinkles, and then arranged in a heart-shaped box. You could also do it DIY-style and make your own version by buying Oreos at the store and dipping them in chocolate yourself; it’d be less expensive and you could make dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate dipped Oreos. For the easier route, order here.

Edible Arrangements Valentine’s Day Berries

It may not be the peak of the Edible Arrangements trend, but any strawberry lover will love this gift box. The box is a little pricey, but you get 12 delicious, juicy strawberries with three different toppings: pink and red chocolate curls, “I love you” fondant hearts and a milk chocolate dip with a white chocolate drizzle. Link here for this perfect combination of berries and chocolate. 

L.A. Burdick Signature Heart Assortment

L.A. Burdick has been named one of the best chocolatiers in Boston time and time again. This heart-shaped box of chocolates is a steal for the high-quality bonbons. The box comes with 38 assorted chocolates, including flavors like Passion Fruit-Raspberry Dark Chocolate Hearts, Cashew-Cayenne Milk Chocolate Hearts, and their Signature Chocolate Mice. Added bonus: all of their chocolates are made with no preservatives, extracts, essences or artificial additives. This elegant box is the perfect gift for a sophisticated Valentine’s date.

Harry & David Deluxe Valentine’s Day Gift Basket

Harry & David is the king of gift baskets. I love the holiday season because my parents receive gift baskets from their work partners and I get to try all of the unique goodies in each beautifully packaged box. This Deluxe Valentine’s Gift Basket includes Harry & David’s signature golden wrapped pears, premium apples, Moose Munch Premium Popcorn, milk chocolate covered cherries, crème-filled chocolate hearts, and vanilla shortbread cookies. It comes in a gorgeous, reusable wooden crate with a heart cutout and comes with a complimentary heart-printed, pink dish towel. This basket is the perfect combination of fresh fruit and rich, creamy chocolate.

Edible Arrangements Berry Chocolate Love Bouquet

For the girl or guy who loves chocolate covered strawberries, but also enjoys other fruits, this is the gift to wow them. The red vase "basket" comes with grapes, strawberries, semisweet chocolate dipped strawberries, and pineapple hearts. This beautiful bouquet would warm the heart of any fruit lover. Don’t forget to take one of those chocolate covered strawberries for yourself too. 

Ghirardelli Chocolate Connoisseur Gift Basket

I will warn you, this gift basket will set you back in cash, but Ghirardelli is always worth it. Plus, Valentine’s Day is about showing how much you appreciate your loved ones, so why not do that with $200 worth of chocolate? The basket includes Milk Chocolate Caramel Squares, 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate Squares, two Assorted Chocolate Squares Gift Bags, a Gold Gift Tin and Box of Assorted Chocolates, a Wooden Cable Car with assorted Squares and more. I only listed a quarter of what is inside the entire basket. All told, there should be about 124 pieces of chocolate plus 171 ounces more of chocolate products. 

Godiva Taste of Godiva, 12 Month Chocolate Subscription

This is the gift that keeps on giving: a 12-month chocolate subscription. This gift is only for die-hard chocolate lovers, so make sure your partner is ready for a years’ worth of chocolate. Some of the monthly gifts include a 36-Piece Biscuit Box, their 19-Piece Gold Gift Box, a set of Chocolate Truffles, and their Milk Chocolate Pretzels Canister. The price is well worth the high-quality Godiva chocolate. If you can’t afford it right now, maybe start with the Hershey’s three-pound heart and work your way up to this. Get your chocolate subscription here.

At the end of the day, chocolate is chocolate and it’ll put a smile on someone’s face no matter how much you pay for it. Chocolate gifts for Valentine's Day are the best kind of gift (and one that they can share with you.) Choose what will make the recipient the happiest and have a wonderful, chocolate-filled Valentine’s Day!