Sweet potatoes may be famous for their place on the Thanksgiving table and in desserts, but they can be so much more. They are easy to cook and can be incorporated into any meal of the day. (All of these recipes are vegan-friendly but can be personalized to fit your own diet.)

Breakfast: Sweet Potato on Toast

cheese, meat, pastry, crust, pizza, vegetable, sauce
Gloria Suarez

A quick and easy way to use leftover sweet potatoes is to mash the inside and spread it on a piece of whole wheat toast. Sweet potatoes can be eaten hot or cold.

For extra sweetness, drizzle pure maple syrup over the top. Or sprinkle chia seeds on top for an extra boost of omega-3s.

Lunch: Sweet Potato Salad

vegetable, salad, lettuce, seafood
Gloria Suarez
For lunch, revamp a regular salad by adding mashed sweet potato on top. Combine your favorite veggies, beans, and other toppings on a bead of lettuce. You can add avocado for a dose of healthy fats. Sweet potato salads are also easy to take on the go for lunch at school or work.

Dinner: Stuffed Sweet Potato

pepper, vegetable, salad, tomato, corn, lettuce
Gloria Suarez

For dinner, make this stuffed sweet potato. You can top this potato with whatever toppings you want. For a more Mexican inspired dish, add black beans, corn, tomatoes, and avocado. You can add peppers as well or try out your own veggie combos. The protein in the beans will help leave you feeling full.

With meals like these it can feel like Thanksgiving at your house every day. Now you don't have to wait for the end of November to have all your friends and family come together and enjoy a delicious meal. Impressing them with these meals will be a breeze because, not only do they taste great, but they are super easy to make.

But you just might have to accept the fact your sweet potatoes will take your place as the star of the party, but after a bite or two how could you be mad?