Starbucks is best known for its addicting coffee creations that feature loads of sugar and a little bit of coffee. What they're not famous for? Their tea selection. That's the most surprising part of this secret menu drink that has stolen people's hearts. The Medicine Ball or Coldbuster is a tea-based drink that is getting a major promotion — it's about to be placed on the official Starbucks menu.

What is It?

The Medicine Ball is a Venti cup filled with hot water, steamed lemonade, a bag of Jade Citrus Mint Tea, a bag of Peach Tranquility Tea and some honey. A peppermint pump is optional, but highly encouraged. This drink is a work of alchemy that's known for curing the worst of colds. It's been said to soothe sore throats and clear sinuses, while tasting delicious. 

Insta Craze 

After the inception of the drink, people began posting about it on Instagram, as per usual. The Medicine Ball blew up and one store manager posted in the Starbucks internal messaging system that his store was making upwards of 20 a day. Customers would come in and request the drink they saw on Instagram. The only problem was that the recipe wasn't standardized and the team was worried they were messing up the recipe. 40 store managers responded to this message saying they were feeling the craze at their stores as well. 

It's Facebook Official

After one too many late night texts, the company realized it was time to make it official. They just couldn't live without it anymore. Now the Medicine Ball has been pulled out of secrecy and is being introduced to the public. The crazy part is that corporate managed to make it happen in just one day. The  process of adding new drinks to the menu normally takes weeks or months, but Instagram spoke and Starbucks had to listen. After all, they were made for each other. 

The Coldbuster is now coming to a Starbucks near you and patiently waiting to pop off the shelves next flu season. But, if your Spring allergies are acting up, head to your nearest Starbucks to see whay the hype is all about.