I love to eat eggs every morning. The problem is I have classes at 8am every morning, and the only dining hall open is all the way on the other side of campus. I don't have the energy to wake up 20 minutes earlier every morning, so I did some research on simple ways to eat eggs in your dorm without going to the dining hall. This is what I came up with...

1. Hard Boil a Batch of Eggs 

You can cook hard boiled eggs days in advance, which is great for busy mornings. Almost every common room has a pot and a stove, so take 20 minutes once a week to whip up a batch of hard boiled eggs that you can eat at any time. You can eat them plain or slice them and put them on toast. If hard boiling eggs in a pot of water sounds like a bit too much work, you can even hard boil them in the oven. Just click the image above to find out how. 

2. Scramble them in the Microwave 

You don't even need a stove! Scrambling eggs in the microwave is so easy a child could do it. Just crack them in a mug or microwavable bowl, beat them, and stick them in the microwave for about 2 minutes. If scrambled eggs aren't exciting enough for you, add in what every ingredients you like and make it an omelet. Try tomatoes, cheese, peppers, spinach, etc. 

3. Poach them in the microwave

If you are like me, you like your egg yolks soft and runny. That's why I prefer to poach eggs in the microwave instead of scrambling. It's just as easy! You can buy a microwave egg poacher at almost any store that sells kitchen gadgets for only $3-$5, or just poach them in a mug

4. Make A Breakfast Mugg Masterpiece 

I saw this on tasty, and I just had to try it. I can honestly say that the cheddar, bacon, and egg breakfast mug works and is delicious. I know it takes a bit more effort to buy fresh ingredients, but believe me it's worth it. You can of course make your own variations of these breakfast mugs and add your favorite ingredients. Different traditional omelet combinations would work great, such as a caprese, southwestern, or farmer's omelet mug. 

It's easy to forget about breakfast in the morning, especially in college, but it's true what they say: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You can no longer use the excuse that you didn't have time to get to the dining hall. Get your daily dose of morning protein with these simple and delicious ways to make eggs in your dorm room.