Kraft made a mistake…a big one. The US Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) said that Kraft’s “Oscar Mayer Classic Wieners” may contain its “Classic Cheese Dogs.” Whoops.
The recall applies to 16-ounce individual consumer packages of “Classic Wieners Made with Turkey & Chicken, Pork Added,” with a “USE BY 16 Jun 2014” date and product code “044700000632” and some cases of 16-ounce packages distributed to retailers.
This may not seem like a huge deal, but the product label doesn’t state that the product has milk, which many are allergic to.
The good news? Kraft nor FSIS have received any reports of illness caused by this packaging snafu. Let’s hope it stays that way.
More good stuff here:
- 12 ways to eat cookie butter
- Ultimate Chipotle menu hacks
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A sandwich recipe
- The easiest 2 ingredient drink recipes, ever
- 24 must-visit Chicago restaurants from Diners, Drive-ins and Dives