Most of us still remember “doodh doodh doodh, piyo glass full doodh” off pat. It’s only when you watch the old TVCs that you realise it has been more than 40 years since Mother Dairy was commissioned in 1974. What started as an initiative under Operation Flood is a leading milk brand in Delhi and NCR today, besides expanding its reach to other parts of the country.

Mother Dairy

Photo courtesy of facebook.com/MotherDairy

Over the years, it has evolved into a dairy products’ player with its presence in the categories of ice creams, fruit yogurt, flavoured milk, butter, cheese, etc. It has a range of absolutely delish sugar free ice creams that are sold under the name Dietz.

Mother Dairy also manufactures, markets and sells fruits and vegetables, frozen vegetables, and juices under the brand name Safal; Dhara is its edible oils arm.

Mother Dairy

Photo courtesy of youtube.in

Its corporate tagline – Happy Food Happy People – resonates with the legacy it has built as the eponymous dairy brand with its range of delicious, salubrious, and high quality products. The latest ad campaign, conceptualized by Ogilvy, breaks away from the old “Maa jaisa koi nahi” TVC. The new TVC propositions “Taste that lifts you” to young adults who are equally conscious of the nutritional values of the food they eat as its taste.

Mother Dairy has an argosy of pocket-friendly, on-the-go foods that you can’t not try. Here is a lowdown:

1. Cookie Crumb Ice Cream

Mother Dairy

Photo by Aakanksha Joshi

A caramel flavoured ice cream loaded with crispy bites of cookies. This one’s a wellspring of affection for the caramel lovers out there.

2. Blueberry Yogurt

Mother Dairy

Photo by Aakanksha Joshi

This thick, creamy yogurt is the perfect emollient for bad days. Fetch it from any Mother Dairy kiosk just for Rs. 20.

3. Strawberry Crush Ice Cream

Mother Dairy

Photo by Simran Mathur

This is not your usual strawberry flavoured ice cream, as you’ll find generous helpings of actual strawberry chunks inside – all for Rs. 30.

4. Mishti Doi

Mother Dairy

Photo by Mehak

Mishti Doi is India’s yogurt. This almost-staple food of West Bengal comes in an ambrosial flavour in a Mother Dairy package.

5. Chocolate Gateau

Mother Dairy

Photo by Simran Mathur

Imagine this: chocolate ice cream, brownie pieces, and a surprise chocolate-filled centre. Am I in heaven? With all these sweet offerings, I most definitely am.