As another new year kicks off at McGill, Spoon University at McGill is also launching a new and improved chapter — this is where you come in. We are looking for new members who live and breathe for delicious food and here are just some reasons we believe you will love Spoon…

1. Because It’s Delicious

apply

Photo by Helena Lin

Fun fact: since everyone involved in Spoon loves food (duh), pretty much all of our meetings revolve around food. We’re not kidding around when we’re writing about the best donuts in Montreal or how to make your very own milk and cookie shot, we’re eating all of that too.

When you apply to join Spoon, your are applying to join a family of food fanatics and signing up to try new recipes and dishes all the time.

2. It Looks Great On Your Resume

apply

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Applying for Spoon may not be a walk in the park, but it’s fun and exciting. Being a part of the Spoon family shows future employers and others who will be reading your resume that you can handle serious responsibility, especially with an organization that’s quickly becoming more and more widely known and respected.

If you’re a student who is interested in working in food, journalism, or both, Spoon shows dedication

3. You Will Learn A Lot

apply

Photo by Helena Lin

In the few days after I was hired to work at Spoon, I learned more about WordPress, food writing, video-making, and photography than ever before. The best part is that our awesome founders and directors make it super easy to learn, and very fun as well.

These are skills that will help you out now and in the future, and you’re learning them in the best way: through food. You will be also exposed to all kinds of food lovers with knowledge ranging from foods to cure the winter blues to the simplest way to make roast chicken.

4. You’re Gonna Meet Some Awesome People

apply

Photo by Helena Lin

Joining Spoon has the same comforting aspect of joining any other club; you’re surrounded by people who have the same interests as you. This means that you will always have a buddy to try out new restaurants with you.

For example, if you’re a vegan and your friends aren’t, there will most likely be a Spoon member ready to go to that restaurant Lola Rosa you’ve been dying to try.

5. You Live In One of the Most Foodie-est Cities in North America

apply

Photo by Helena Lin

We can’t ignore it, Montreal is one of the coolest cities around. We’re the city with the most restaurants per capita in North America, which means that there’s a lot for us to write about.

We want to make cooking, eating, and learning about this awesome city easy for McGill students who want to branch out from dining hall food. University is about getting out and trying new things, and if you’re going to get to know all about your city, why not share it with everyone on Spoon?