Growing up, I never acknowledged the benefits of skin care and the feeling of being confident with the skin I had. Though most of us can't afford expensive skincare regimens or nasty remedies that don't produce results, Curology appears to be a solution.

The process is simple, and far from painful. Curology is a group of teledermatologists. Each patient is paired with a licensed dermatology provider who works with the patient to design an acne treatment plan and custom formula. The miracle formula gets shipped to the patient without the hassle of going to a doctor's office.

All it takes is a quick visit to their website. You complete a skin quiz that describes your skin goals and skin type, upload a few selfies, and you are on your way to getting your ideal skin treatment!

Your treatment will be based off of your skin type, what you are looking for, and the type of acne you have. With this information, Curology will send you a combination of three of these products: vitamin C, niacinamide, tretinoin, zinc pyrithione, clindamycin, and azelaic acid. Their website offers an in-depth description of each ingredient's purpose and their potential benefits for your skin. 

My Plan

I focused on my main problem of small clusters of acne that caused hyper-pigmentation, making me look more like a tomato than an human at times. I was given a blend of zinc pyrithione, clindamycin, and azelaic acid, which would change later on depending on the condition of and changes in my skin.

Curology will send you emails to check on your progress throughout your treatment and recommend healthier routines to your daily life to prevent those nasty pimples and zits from coming back. I personally don't like to be reminded of things, but I did have a breakout during my treatment period and without me telling them, they reminded me to not pop them!

My Results

Andrew Perino

At the beginning of my treatment, I was a bit skeptical. I didn't think Curology would have a noticeable effect in 30 days, but I was shocked to see the result on my skin.

My skin goal was to lose my hyper-pigmentation around my lips and nose so I could avoid redness from irritation from small acne breakouts. To my amazement, the product felt great on my skin. It didn't leave it too oily nor moist, which is great. Also, I didn't notice it acting super cakey on my skin, unlike sunscreen.

How to Get Your Own Plan

Curology has graciously offered Spoon University readers a 30 Day Free Trial - just pay $4.95 shipping. You can sign up to get your first bottle free here!