Mood rings glow in the dark. That huge, scary fish from Finding Nemo – he glows in the dark. Food however, does not glow in the dark. But maybe it should.

BlackStar Pastry, a bakery located in Sydney, Australia, stands by the right for all things to get their brightest glow on – we’re going way beyond Jaclyn Hill’s ever-blinding highlight here, people. This time, we’re talking donuts.

That’s right, y’all: BlackStar Pastry has not only fired shots at the majestic golden donut, but they’ve also given the unicorn trend a run for its money. Coining the creation the “glonut,” this bakery created an edible glow in the dark donut.

How It All Went Down

If you’re wondering how this is even possible, it’s all thanks to Vitamin B. Apparently the vitamin has properties that allow it to glow in the dark under a black light. How freaking cool is that?

Here’s the best, and most insane, part of it all: these donuts are 100% free of any unnatural additives or dyes. Owner Chris Thé explained, "We would never create anything that was unnatural, even if it was a great idea. BlackStar is all about great techniques and real cooking; we never add dyes or additives to any of our products. We strictly adhered to this principle in order to make the glow-in-the-dark donut happen."

Because the necessary addition of Vitamin B adds a slightly bitter flavor to the icing, Thé decided to add yuzu in an effort to give the glonut a sweet and sour flavor. If you don’t know what yuzu is, look no further: it’s a tart, citrus fruit that is often used in Japanese desserts.

The treat’s inspiration stems from Australia’s Vivid Sydney festival – a celebration of lights, music, and ideas. Thé was brainstorming about ways to connect food and lights, and the glonut seemed like the perfect creation.

It took Thé and the rest of the bakery an entire year to figure out exactly how to get the glonut to glow in a safe and natural way, but it was well worth it. The glonut has been selling so well that BlackStar had to increase production in order to meet demand for the dessert.

Although that the initial appeal is likely due to the insatiable need to post a trendy photo to Instagram, the glonut is said to be a genuinely delicious treat.

If you happen to find yourself in Australia, the glonut retails for $7 – a price I would be more than willing to pay for the dessert, the unique aesthetic, and (of course) the Instagram post.