As some famous dude once said, “if music be the food of love, play on.” Well, sometimes music can also feed our love of food. Artists have been singing about food for about as long as they could record it, and our current times are no different. If your taste in music is as carefully selected as the fair-trade, organic snacks you eat, then this is the indie playlist you’ve been dreaming of.

Froot by Marina and the Diamonds

songs

Photo courtesy of Daniel Åhs Karlsson

Live la dolce vita with Marina and the Diamonds with this title track from her newest album. Something tells me that when she compares herself to fruit, she’s not talking about what you would buy at the grocery store.

Coffee by Sylvan Esso

songs

Photo by Gabby Phi

In an ode to what most college students consider their lifeline, Sylvan Esso’s song will get you up and dancing in no time, with caffeine or without.

Gooey by Glass Animals

songs

Photo by Katherine Carroll

Glass Animals wants you to know those peanut butter vibes. I’m not sure what those are, but they sound chill. Like this song.

Diet Mountain Dew by Lana Del Rey

songs

Photo courtesy of Neon Tommy

Only the queen of melancholy herself could make Mountain Dew sound sad and sexy at the same time.

Horchata by Vampire Weekend

songs

Photo courtesy of Julio Enriquez

December may have passed, but drinking horchata with Vampire Weekend is still #goals. This song will bring back nostalgic winter memories, and you’ll look sooo hipster doing it.

Chocolate by the 1975

songs

Photo by Sarah Wu

Apparently this song is about drugs. Whatever, chocolate could be considered a drug, so it still works.

Peaches by In the Valley Below

songs

Photo by Gabby Phi

This song will remind you of late summer days and make you want to go peach picking with your significant other. Or just make peach cobbler to eat by yourself. Either works.

Pork and Beans by Weezer

songs

Photo courtesy of Peter Dzubay

Although Weezer’s decision to eat candy with pork and beans is NOT Spoon approved, their “I don’t care” anthem will always be an indie rock classic. You do you, Weezer.

Chinese by Lily Allen

songs

Photo by Thesupermat

Chinese food is so great, I’m surprised there aren’t more songs about it out there. Lilly Allen’s tune will make you want to order wontons with a loved one and watch TV – perfect if you’re craving that cozy feeling.

Pickles From the Jar by Courtney Barnett

songs

Photo by Sarah Silbiger

A modern version of “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off,” Courtney Barnett perfectly encapsulates what it’s like to constantly disagree with your partner. Fortunately, people can agree on some things, like pickles.