The greatest thing about the District of Columbia is that everyone in DC is not from DC. People in DC are from all over the United States and around the world. From Chile to Zambia, immigrants and tourists land in America's capital city and bring their cuisine with them. 

Luckily for you, we as Spoon University members in Washington, DC have a job to do— to share the great foods this city has to offer. To make your life easier, here is a compiled list of trusted food-based Instagram accounts to follow all at once. So whether you live in the District or are stopping by to check out the monuments, these 9 DC Instagram accounts by Spoon University members will guide your quest to find the best, trendiest and most Instagram-able foods in the capital. 

1. @haute.coffee

Our first DC Spoon Instagram account comes from Madelyn, the Photo Director for Spoon at American University, who kills it on the regular with pictures of latte art from the best coffee and grilled cheese spots in the District.

2. @shannonscitysnacks

Featuring some Italian flare and latte love, Shannon, another American University Spoonie, is all about snackin' her way through DC and Chicago, helping you find your new favorite lunch spots.

3. @eatsindc

Jennifer from James Madison University covers the District, Maryland and Virginia in her foodstagram. She features some of the most photogenic cheese-pulls, pho and macaroons around.

4. @toastedtable

Check out Brittany, the Editorial Director for Georgetown University, who has never seen an avocado she couldn't photograph. She is the gal to go to for avocado inspo and mouthwatering lunches.

5. @foodie_in_recovery

Former Spoon U intern Sydney shares her road to recovery from anorexia using stunning photos of food in the DMV to support a healthy relationship between people and the food they eat.

6. @fruitlyss

Marketing Director at Spoon University Georgetown, Alyssa's foodstagram features açaí bowls galore and photogenically innovative ways to incorporate fruits and veggies into your diet.

7. @fourthcourse

Olivia, a Georgetown Spoonie, bounces between New York and DC, highlighting the best bites in both cities. Follow her for a balanced Instagram feed of college-kid friendly dives and high-end brunch spots.

8. @thegrassfedredhead

Between Cleveland, New York and DC, vegetarian foodie Megan posts visually stunning photos of her meals packed with fruits and vegetables. She also posts her very own plant-based recipes.

9. @foodographyxari

Ariana, a Spoon photographer at Georgetown, keeps DC college students updated on the newest and best restaurants for those of us that refuse to stick to dining hall food.

From hole-in-the-wall pubs to restaurants with five-course meals, these Instagram accounts have you covered. We have searched high and low in the capital city to photograph our best finds. This compilation of talented Spoon Instagrams in the greater District of Columbia area is sure to inspire your food photography skills and give you some serious cravings. Use these accounts to map your food guide through DC and to pick up food photography tips and tricks.

Now go on your way with a significantly improved Instagram feed thanks to the foodstagrams above and be sure to tag @spoonuniversity and @spoon_au to have us check out your sweet food pics.