Everyone knows that the college diet differs tremendously from anyone else’s day to day meal. Living off no money and cafeteria food only gets you so far in life. Thankfully, pizza exists. With low-quality standards and high-quality taste, this cheap dish satisfies any hungry student’s soul.
The way of pizza has become a lifestyle to many college students across the country. From helping push through all-nighter to making friends and becoming the completing factor for “Netflix and chill,” pizza is now an important part of college life.
Across the nation, students are relying on these pies to accomplish day-to-day activities. The ever-growing phenomenon Yik Yak proves just how much college students’ lives revolve around pizza.
1. It’s a 24/7 menu item in college.
Don’t know what to have for breakfast? Pizza. Parents coming for lunch? Pizza.
2. Even the professors know what’s up.
Class that orders pizza together passes together.
3. Eating pizza is a hobby.
Interests include procrastinating on homework and eating pizza.
4. It is free at about 78% of events around campus.
How else are you gonna get people to show up?
5. Every student has their go-to parlor.
Seriously, just ask the nearest 18-22 year old and they will tell you.
6. It can be eaten on every occasion.
Delivered pizza is the best way to treat yo’ self.
7. It is on the “free” list.
It may be a carb in the books, but it is heaven in our hearts.
8. Delivery time is not taken lightly.
Do not even think about running over 30 minutes when delivering to a college student. It just gives more time for those hormone levels to run high.
9. It is a key part of any relationship.
Everyone knows greasy goodness is the key to attraction.
10. It’s perfectly fine to steal someone’s pie when their date goes AWOL.
Who knows, you may even make a new friend.
11. College stomaches are a bottomless black pit to pizzas.
Don’t even get me started on the athletes (check out the madness of their diets here).
12. It is a form of currency.
Once upon a time, a college student became so broke that he traded his pizza for homework. The rest is history.
13. It is better than money.
Hence, the new currency.
14. The sight and smell of any pizza in close proximity consumes the college soul.
We are all just hungry puppies hoping for everyone’s scraps.
15. Every pizza is a personal pizza.
If your friends bash you for eating an entire box, you need new friends.
16. It is prioritized over homework.
In college, you eat when you can, because you may never eat again (for another 18 hours).
17. It’s the best cure for the munchies.
There is no better surprise than opening a refrigerator door and finding a pie when you need it most.
18. Pizza is essential in protecting your vital organs.
And it is definitely not classified the same as fat. However, if you aren’t convinced, you can always try a healthy pizza.
19. It is used to solve all your problems.
Any break up, failed test, or Monday morning can be fixed with this decedent dish.
20. It is the perfect gift to recognize anyone special.
I don’t know who Sam is, but she is one lucky girl.
21. Pizza goals come before life goals.
What are your goals after college? “To make just enough money so I can eat pizza everyday.”