When you have an early start to your day, from classes or work, you tend to place more value on sleep than breakfast. Sometimes breakfast isn't even an option if you want to make it on-time—or is it? You can make eggs in a mug in less than two minutes, allowing you to sleep in and get some nutrition. All you need is an egg, a mug, and a microwave. You'll be able to make it on time, or maybe even possibly early, by doing some multi-tasking (not in a hard way, I promise).

How-To Make Eggs in a Mug in Less Than 2 Mins

• Prep Time:1 min

• 1-2 eggs
  • A Mug
egg, tea
Kristin Soltis

Step 1: Crack one or two eggs into an empty mug and slightly whisk them.
    Optional: You can add additional ingredients from your dining hall salad bar, such as spinach or tomato for some extra flavor.

flour, butter, milk, dairy product, yolk, egg yolk, egg
    Kristin Soltis

Put the mug in the microwave for 45 seconds. In the meantime, you don’t need to sit there and watch it. Make good use of your time and wash your face or do something else to get ready.

coffee, beer, tea
    Kristin Soltis

Take the mug out and stir the eggs together. You don’t need to stir too much though; this is just so they finish cooking when you put them back in. It should look similar to this when you take it out.

bread, milk, cream, egg, dairy product
    Kristin Soltis

Put the mug back in for 30 seconds. Maybe pack your backpack in the meantime so you don't get to class realizing you left your notebook on your desk.

tea, coffee, beer
    Kristin Soltis

When you hear that microwave ding, you should be all set!
    Keep in mind, some microwaves have more power than others so you may have to add a couple more seconds to get the desired cooking temperature. Once it is cooked the way you like, go ahead and dig in!

egg, scrambled
    Kristin Soltis

Now you can have a quick and healthy breakfast to start off your day.