Okay, we’ve all been there: 3 hours of searching #lifehacks on Pinterest just to save a couple minutes of our time. Let us spare your precious time by avoiding the mindless searching. Here are some food hacks that are a combination of weird and brilliant:
1. Use Your Macbook Power Adapter as a Bottle Opener
2. Use Floss To Cut Cake and Cheese
3. Use Tortillas Instead of Plates
Save yourself some time (and help the environment). Go all out and make your own tortillas.
4. Crush Oreos and Put Them In a Salt Shaker
5. Crush Doritos and Put Them In a Salt Shaker
If you’re looking for something a little more savory.
6. Use Spoons If You Don’t Have a Roasting Rack
7. Add Salt and Cinnamon to the Oven Floor to Reduce Smoke
It’ll be easier to clean your oven later, too.
8. Keep Your Cake From Going Stale with Bread and Toothpicks
Or eat all of the cake in one sitting so you don’t have to worry – that’s what we do.
9. Easily Cut Fruit and Veggies
10. Eat Pizza Without Using Plates
Save yourself from washing dishes by using the pizza box.
11. Clean Your Oven With Vanilla Extract
Pour some vanilla extract on a rag and scrub your oven racks. Turn on the oven and enjoy the delicious vanilla scent.
12. Put Salt On Watermelon To Sweeten It
Also, to amp up your chocolate chip cookies, sprinkle some salt on them a few minutes before they finish baking to accentuate their texture and flavor.
13. Replace Sour Cream with Greek Yogurt
Greek yogurt is so versatile.
14. Store Cookies With an Apple Wedge to Keep Them Moist
This is the cookie monster’s favorite food hack. (Or you can make this 1-serving microwave cookie in a mug.)
15. Make Frosting Out of Pudding
More detailed instructions here.
16. Use Avocados Instead of Mayonnaise In Sandwiches
Bonus healthy food hack: use avocados instead of butter when baking food.
17. Cake Mix + Coke = Delicious Fluffy Cake
This simple two-ingredient recipe will make you stop following box instructions. More details here.
18. Use Marshmallows Instead of Frosting
19. Put Onions or Garlic In Your Socks For Better Sleep
We promise it works – it’s backed by science.
20. Make an Egg Burger
The hamburger version of the eggocado.