I love to cook, but often I just do not have the time or energy for it. Cooking sometimes seems like the only option if I want to eat healthy, organic meals within my diet restrictions. Most quick meals often leave me feeling unsatisfied and hungry within an hour from eating. Amy’s Kitchen offers the solution for those who don’t have time to cook from scratch and those who want fulfilling vegetarian, organic meals. 

All Amy's Kitchen products contain no additives, no preservatives, no GMO's and 0g of trans fat. The family-owned business makes over 250 products, ranging from burritos to soups, all that cater to a wide-range of diets, taste buds, and food allergies. There are so many options that it’s easy for any person to find something they are able to eat. They offer gluten free, vegan, dairy free, lactose free, soy free, tree nut free, and corn free options. In addition, for the meat-lovers, Amy’s Kitchen has meat-alternatives like their Veggie Loaf or Meatless Veggie Sausages. Even the dishes with no meat alternatives, however, still attract meat-lovers from the rich variety of flavor.

Madison Hagearty

By using real ingredients, Amy’s Kitchen products have similar taste to flavorful, homemade meals, and don’t make me feel sluggish like many other frozen or canned meals. Whether you are looking for a great dinner meal, a fulfilling snack, or a side to another meal, there’s an Amy’s product for all occasions.

Best Bowls from Amy's Kitchen

Brown rice, Black-eyed Peas & Veggies Bowl

When I cook I often make rice bowls with vegetables since it can easily provide many nutrients and stay on the lighter side. Therefore, I find myself heating up Amy’s bowls often when I don’t have the time to cook. While this one is a bit high in sodium, the ginger sauce mixed with the rice, peas, and veggies creates a very flavorful, light meal overall.

300 calories, 11 g fat, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g sugar, 11 g protein, 8 g fiber, 580 mg sodium

Light & Lean Quinoa & Black Beans with Butternut Squash & Chard

This is another great light bowl with a lot of flavor. The quinoa, diced butternut squash, and sliced chard complement each other nicely to bring in a mix of taste. With the addition of the black beans, there is an added texture and more substance to the meal to make it filling enough for a small dinner.

240 calories, 5 g fat, 38 g carbohydrate, 6 g sugar, 10 g protein, 11 g fiber, 440 mg sodium

Tortilla Casserole & Black beans bowl

Compared to the other bowls, this one is much higher in calories and sodium but, in my opinion, it is worth while because of its great taste. The amount of protein and fiber in the bowl also can make up for it depending on your diet preferences. If you are looking for a filling and tasteful meal that could fill a craving for Mexican food, this is a great choice.

390 calories, 18 g fat, 41 g carbohydrates, 6 g sugar, 17 g protein, 10 g fiber, 780 mg sodium

Madison Hagearty

Best dinner from Amy's Kitchen

Vegetable Lasagna

This is also one of my favorites because it falls under the category of comfort food while still having nutritional value, like its fiber and protein count. There are also multiple different variations of the meal: regular, family size, light in sodium, gluten free, and dairy free. The gluten free and dairy free vegetable lasagna is a personal staple in my kitchen for how delicious it is and how it always successfully fulfills my craving for lasagna.

320-370 calories, 9-14g fat, 6-8g sugar, 4g fiber, 340-790g sodium

Madison Hagearty

Best for anytime of the day

Tofu scramble

I am a big believer in being able to eat breakfast food at any time of the day. This tofu scramble is mixed with organic vegetables, such as spinach, zucchini, carrots, and mushrooms, and combined with hash browns and cooked tomato slices. The mixture of flavor blends well together to create a savory and light meal for the morning or night.

340 calories, 19 g fat, 19 g carbohydrates, 4 g sugar, 22 g protein, 4 g fiber, 580 mg sodium

Best soups from Amy's Kitchen

Quinoa Kale, Red Lentil Soup

This soup is perfect for people with food allergies because it has simple, real ingredients. It is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, lactose free, corn free, tree nut free, vegan, and kosher. Moreover, it is thicker and heartier than other soups with similar ingredients so it ends up being a healthy, delicious, and very filling meal.

150 calories, 6 g fat, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g sugar, 4 g protein, 4 g fiber, 780 mg sodium

Organic Chili With Vegetables - medium spice

For anyone who is looking for a healthy, vegan substitute for chili or a general meat craving, this is a great choice. The sauce is not as thick as a tomato paste while also not as thin as a broth. The beans are cooked well and combined with the vegetables have a great consistency throughout. Ultimately, with the excellent nutritional value and superb flavor this makes for a very enjoyable meal.

200 calories, 6 g fat, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g sugar, 7 g protein, 9 g fiber, 590 mg sodium 

Amy's Kitchen also has opened drive-thru restaurants in California!