It's no secret that I absolutely love breakfast food. In fact, half of my Spoon articles have been breakfast related. On more than one occasion, I've eaten breakfast food for every meal of the day. Honestly, it's kind of an excuse to start your day with dessert. That said, eating sugar for breakfast everyday might taste great, but in the times I've done it, I often end up feeling tired and hungry very soon after. Luckily, this doesn't have to be the case and you can start your day with one of the 5-a-day by trying one of these 9 vegan breakfast recipes packed with veggies (or just eat pancakes, this is a judgement-free zone).

1. Zucchini Banana Bread Pancakes

Would this really be an article about breakfast food if I didn't start with pancakes? Try these delicious gluten-free ones from Big Man's World and go crazy with toppings. Create a mood by listening to "Banana Pancakes" while you enjoy them.

2. Cauliflower Blueberry Smoothie Bowl

Lots of Instagrammers have been putting frozen veggies in smoothies, but the blueberry-cauliflower combo takes the cake. If you don't like vegetables, you can't taste the cauliflower, so you can still enjoy this. 

3. Zucchini Oatmeal

Yup, another zucchini-filled recipe. It's not the most flavorful recipe, but it's versatile and adds volume to your breakfast bowl. Top this with walnuts to add to the zucchini bread taste.

4. Carrot Cake Overnight Oats

If you like carrot cake, this one's perfect for you. With less than 10 ingredients, you can make this the night before and have a quick (and delicious) breakfast for the morning.

5. Avocado Banana Green Smoothie

Some green smoothies really suck; this one doesn't. Moral of the story: anything with avocado is delicious. Bonus: it's also packed with dark leafy greens, which have a ton of health benefits. In the era of green smoothies, you're going to end up with a lot of hits and misses.

6. Pumpkin Waffles

Pumpkin Spice Lattes might be a fall specialty, but these vegan pumpkin waffles can be eaten year round. Bonus: The maple cashew cream that goes with these is also incredible.

7. Sweet Potato "Toast"

We could argue about whether or not sweet potatoes are a vegetable, or we could just eat them for breakfast. You can top these "toasts" with anything you want, but I think almond butter is one of the best. 

8. Chocolate Beet Muffins

Muffins might not be the healthiest breakfast, but they're delicious. If you don't want chocolate for breakfast (which I don't really understand), make these veggie-packed muffins for a snack and enjoy them all day long.

9. Tofu Kale Scramble

Some people don't like dessert for breakfast, and while I don't agree with that position, I'm including this savory recipe for you folks. I prefer sweet breakfasts, but if you're looking for an alternative to eggs, this tofu scramble is the best. I tend to eat this for dinner and always add in some mushrooms.