The bond you share with your childhood best friend is something special. So, when they make their way to Rutgers, you want to show them a fantastic time. What better way to create new memories and reminisce about old ones than by embarking on a culinary adventure through the diverse and delicious food spots around campus? This diverse college town offers an array of dining options that cater to all palates, ensuring that your reunion will be filled with delightful flavors and cherished memories. Get ready to savor the flavors of nostalgia as we guide you through where to dine for your bestie's visit.

Charming Cafes for Conversation and Savoring (in no particular order):

1. Friend's Cafe:

Nestled in the heart of New Brunswick, Friend's Cafe is a cozy haven for coffee lovers and those seeking a relaxed atmosphere for conversation. The warm and inviting ambiance sets the stage for a delightful morning or afternoon chat with your best friend. Here, you can enjoy not only specialty drinks but also an array of brunch items and delectable pastries that pair perfectly with your cup of choice. It's a place where nostalgia meets the aromatic charm of fresh brews, making it the ideal spot to kickstart your day or enjoy a leisurely catch-up session.

Personal favorites: Iced Matcha and That Girl Bowl 

Steph Wang

2. Hidden Grounds Coffee:

Hidden Grounds Coffee is a hidden gem known for its dedication to the craft of coffee brewing. This cafe offers a unique experience for coffee connoisseurs. Explore its diverse selection of artisanal coffee creations, from beautifully crafted lattes to exotic blends. The cozy, rustic interior provides a comfortable setting for meaningful conversations. It's a place where you can enjoy quality coffee and reconnect with your friends in style. Explore its menu for lattes that beg to be featured on your social media feed and delectable treats.

Steph Wang

3. Semicolon Cafe:

For a tranquil setting to engage in conversation or maybe some light studying, consider a visit to Semicolon Cafe. Its menu features a diverse selection of coffee and tea options, along with mouthwatering sandwiches and pastries. The creative interior design and thoughtful menu choices set the stage for relaxed discussions and introspective chats.

Steph Wang

Relaxed Eateries for Unwinding and Dining (in no particular order):

4. O’Bagel & Deli:

O'Bagel is a local favorite that excels in creating mouthwatering bagels and deli-style sandwiches. Whether you're grabbing a quick breakfast or lunch, this spot offers an array of choices that cater to various tastes. From classic New York-style bagels to stacked sandwiches filled with fresh ingredients, you and your friend can savor delicious bites that are perfect for dine-in or take-out.

Seasonal favorite: Hayride

Steph Wang

5. Fritz's:

Fritz's is a cherished local destination celebrated for its sandwiches. Its extensive menu caters to all tastes, offering creative sandwiches and American comfort foods that are sure to satisfy your culinary desires. Fritz's serves up dishes that never go out of style.

Personal favorite: General Tso’s Crispy Chicken

6. Poke Nagomi:

Poke Nagomi brings the vibrant flavors of Hawaii to New Brunswick with its fresh and customizable poke bowls. It's a healthy and delicious option for lunch or dinner. Your best friend can craft their own bowl by choosing a base, protein, toppings, and sauces. The colorful and nutritious combinations make this a fantastic choice for those looking to enjoy a flavorful meal together.

Steph Wang

7. RU Hungry Fat Sandwiches:

No visit to Rutgers is complete without indulging in the iconic "Fat Sandwiches." RU Hungry is the place to be for these substantial sandwiches loaded with everything from french fries to mozzarella sticks, embodying a true college tradition.

Steph Wang

8. Noodle Gourmet:

Noodle Gourmet serves a variety of Asian noodle dishes that seamlessly blend flavors and affordability. Whether you're in the mood for hearty noodle soups or stir-fried noodles, you'll find satisfaction in every bite.

9. Stuff Yer Face:

The name says it all — Stuff Yer Face is a place to indulge in hearty fare. Famed for its extensive stromboli menu, it offers an assortment of savory and filling options that are perfect for satisfying your cravings.

Personal favorite: Potachos

Steph Wang

10. Daniel's Pizzeria:

Pizza is a universal favorite, and Daniel's Pizzeria doesn't disappoint. Whether you opt for a classic pie or delve into their specialty pizzas, you're in for a treat with every delicious slice.

Personal favorite: Margarita

Steph Wang

Sit-Down Dining Establishments for an Elevated Experience (in no particular order):

11. La Catrina:

When it's time to venture beyond the campus scene, La Catrina is a must-visit. The restaurant is adorned with colorful decor and serves up authentic Mexican cuisine. From flavorful tacos to enchiladas and a variety of salsas, your taste buds will be treated to a fiesta of tastes.

Personal favorites: Quesa-birria and the Raja and Chiliajo Tamales

Steph Wang

12. Sahara:

Sahara is your gateway to Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flavors. With its more upscale but inviting atmosphere and delectable dishes, it provides a memorable culinary journey that surpasses typical college dining experiences.

Steph Wang

13. Ramen Nagomi:

For ramen enthusiasts, take note! The restaurant offers a range of savory broths and delectable toppings to warm your heart and taste buds. The welcoming and cozy ambiance creates the perfect setting for catching up with your friend while savoring the art of Japanese ramen.

Personal favorites: Takoyaki and Burnt Garlic Tonkotsu Ramen

Steph Wang

Sweet Conclusions (in no particular order):

14. Akihi Bubble Tea:

Quench your thirst and satisfy your sweet tooth with a visit to Akihi Bubble Tea. Explore their variety of bubble tea flavors and toppings for a refreshing and enjoyable treat.

Personal favorites: Crispy chicken, Big Bomb with white pearls instead and 0% sugar

15. Thomas Sweet Ice Cream:

Indulge in a scoop or two of hand-crafted, creamy ice cream at Thomas Sweet. Offering a diverse array of flavors and mix-ins, it's the perfect place to wrap up your culinary journey on a sweet note.

16. Fritz's (One More Time!):

Yes, Fritz's makes a return to this list, and with good reason. Its seasonal changing dessert menu is a treasure trove, offering 40 different scratch-made delectable delights. Fritz's is the ultimate destination for satisfying your sweet tooth cravings.

Personal favorite: Salted Caramel Blondie

Rutgers University in New Brunswick doesn't just offer an abundance of academic and cultural experiences but also a rich tapestry of culinary delights. When your cherished childhood friend pays a visit, guide them through an enjoyable food adventure, spanning charming cafes, laid-back dining spots, and sweet havens. Your reunion will be enriched with flavorful memories, a blend of old and new tastes, and a shared exploration of the culinary wonders of this college town.