There's something undeniably magical about the timeless combination of gooey grilled cheese and rich tomato soup. I'm excited to unveil a creation my friend and I made that elevates this classic comfort food to new heights. This perfect blend of cheeses, golden bread, and silky tomato soup will warm both your heart and your taste buds.

*Feel free to swap out ingredients, as these are just the most convenient for me.

Grilled Cheese Extravaganza:

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 30 mins

• 6 slices any bread we used Pepperidge Farmhouse Homestyle Oat
  • 1 bag 3 cheese blend
  • 2 tbsp garlic herb with dill and garlic cheddar cheese broken up
  • 3-4 tbsp butter: for that irresistible golden crust
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
Steph Wang

Create the Butter Bread Wash:
    Start by mixing the butter with broken-up pieces of garlic herb dill cheese and minced garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds, then mix the contents. Do this until everything is combined smoothly. Feel free to adjust the ratios based on your taste preferences. Once the mixture is made, spread onto one side of each slice of bread and put aside.

Preheat the Skillet and Assemble the Sandwich:
    On a griddle over medium heat, place three slices of bread with the buttered side down. This is the key to achieving a golden, crispy exterior. Once the buttered side starts browning, generously spread the cheese blend on the three slices. When the cheese starts melting, place the other slice of bread with the buttered side up over the cheese. Stuff in as much cheese as your heart desires.

*Optional: Place a pan lid over the bread to melt the cheese faster.

Steph Wang

Grill to Perfection:
    Flip the sandwich once the cheese has stuck to the newly added slice of bread. Grill until each side turns a beautiful crispy golden brown. Ensure the cheese melts into a gooey masterpiece.

Slice and Serve:
    Carefully remove the grilled cheese from the griddle, slice it diagonally for a touch of gourmet presentation, and get ready to experience the perfect crunch and cheese pull.

Steph Wang

Tomato Soup:

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 30 mins

• 4 beefsteak tomatoes quartered
  • 6 Roma tomatoes quartered
  • a large white onion quartered
  • a medium purple onion quartered
  • 10 cloves garlic
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • Generous pinch salt and black pepper to season roasted vegetables with
  • 4 tbsp garlic herb with dill & garlic cheddar cheese broken up
  • 2 cups water or veggie stock
  • 3 tbsp room temp butter
  • 1 tbsp red pepper flakes for a little kick
  • 1 tbsp dried basil fresh is optimal
  • 1.5 cups half and half
  • Season to taste with your favorite seasonings salt and pepper
  • Serve with a drizzle balsamic vinaigrette grilled cheese and fresh basil
Steph Wang

Spread out all the veggies on a large baking tray and drizzle oil over all of the veggies. Roast the veggies at 400° Fahrenheit for 1 hour. In a blender, add two cups of water/broth and all the roasted veggies.

Infuse Flavors:
    Blend in the cheese, butter, red pepper, dry basil, half and half, and let the flavors meld together. Adjust the consistency to your liking by adding more water/broth if needed. Pour the mixture into a pot over medium heat before serving.

Plating and Garnish:
    In a bowl, ladle over your desired amount of soup and drizzle some balsamic vinaigrette. Top with some fresh or dried basil.

Steph Wang

In the realm of comfort food, few things rival the blissful combination of gourmet grilled cheese and tomato soup. This recipe invites you to savor the symphony of flavors, textures, and aromas that unfold with each bite. It's not just a meal — it's a celebration of comfort and culinary mastery.